The theme is always 'anything goes' but each month we will have an optional twist that can be used if you like; this month the twist is 'black and white' which I'm sure will be very popular. I found a really old A5 block of black & white papers and paired them with some hot pink flowers for a pop of colour and a great sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge. I think it turned out so pretty and I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting the dotty paper using a stitched rectangle die and also a black mat layer using a plain rectangle die, I used a stitched die to cut the flower paper and again a plain die to cut the mat layer and cut the stitched circle from white card and a fancy circle to cut the black layer and used liquid glue to adhere them together. I die cut some small flowers from bright pink card so that I could have a pop of colour and assembled them using liquid glue; I also cut some leaves from green card. I stamped the sentiment onto white card using black ink and used the coordinating die to cut it out (I also cut 3 plain white ones so that I could layer them). It was now time to assemble my card. I added the flower paper panel onto the dotty panel using double sided tape and added the circle with foam tape. The flowers, leaves and sentiment were added with liquid glue. I finished off with some white pearls. The panel was added to my card base using double sided tape. For the inside I cut a white panel using the stitched rectangle and a black mat layer using the plain rectangle and adhered them together with liquid glue. I used some of the left over paper to create a border at the bottom and also added a thin strip of black card along the top. I added one flower and one leaf to the bottom right corner with liquid glue and stamped the sentiment in the centre using black ink. The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape. I really like the pop of pink against the black and white.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
* to be updated *
We hope you will be inspired by our Patterned Paper Party IG Hop and will pop over and check out all the gorgeous creations along the way. If you would like to join us please visit my Instagram page or use the hashtag #patternedpaperpartyhopjune2026 and we will find you.
Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Lots of love,
card supplies:
black & white paper block ? Joanna Sheen (but her store closed years ago)
John Next Door - daisy circle and leaves die set
Gina K Designs - master layouts 01 (for plain rectangle)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 14 (for stitched rectangle)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 13 (for tall plain & stitched rectangle)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 15 (for circle dies)
Gina K Designs - sketched roses stamp & die set (for outside sentiment) ? retired
Gina K Designs - perfect posy stamp (for inside sentiment) *Bumbleberry Crafts
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for my card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Little Things From Lucy's Cards - soft snowball mix pearls (store closed)
pink and green card from my scraps bin






No comments:
Post a Comment