My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 6 August 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #835 - Die Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am here to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and this week is Die Week and Vicki has given us the very easy 'anything goes'.  So as long as you use a die cut on your project this week you're fine.  We all love our dies don't we and I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations. Our guest this month is Betty so please pop over and show her some love.
I pulled out this adorable bird die (it's from a Christmas set but in itself it's not particularly christmassy) and went with a purple monochrome colour combo.  Aside from assembling the bird it all came together fairly quickly.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the cute birdie:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and using a stencil and a trio of purple inks created the fun ombre striped background.  I die cut the bird from purple, white, orange and black scraps and adhered them together with a mix of liquid glue and foam squares.  I die cut the scalloped label from white and left the die in place whilst I blended the mid purple ink around the edge; this gives a cool white border when the die is removed.  I added some scrap white card behind the scalloped label and adhered it to the background using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card using black ink and used the coordinating die to cut it out (I also cut another 3 from white so that I could stack them up).  The bird was adhered to the bottom of the label with foam squares and the sentiment was added to the top right with liquid glue.  I finished off with some smooth black sequins. I added some scrap white card behind the panel and adhered it onto the card base with double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel and added three lines using the background stencil at the very bottom.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink and adhered the panel to my card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I can't wait to see all your die cuts this week and look forward to seeing your entries in the linky. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for the rest of the design team.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs, 

card supplies:
Spellbinders - Christmas bird poinsettia die set (I only used the bird)
Spellbinders - scalloped labels 46 - discontinued
Spellbinders - nature's dance stamp & die (for sentiments) - both on sale!
Spellbinders - dynamic backgrounds stencil set (only used one) - on sale!
Spellbinders - black smooth disc color essentials sequins
Gina K Designs - ink pads - light lilac, medium lilac and dark lilac
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for my card base)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
coloured card from my scraps bin

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Denise... thought you had watercolored the paper... great DSP!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the stripes with your fun dies!

Leanne said...

Nicely done and the coloring on that back ground paper is pretty, Great use of those dies as well. Have a great day friend. Cheers, L