Hello friends; Bev at Uniko is doing a fun Christmas in July celebration with lots of great cards from herself and the brand ambassadors ahead of her new Christmas themed release at the end of the month. There will also be prizes up for grabs. Check out the Uniko blog for all the details. 
I'm back with my second inspiration card, this time using Background Blocks: Scandinavian Christmas clear stamp (which will be back in stock very soon). I did some gold heat embossing onto dark cardstock and although it was difficult to photograph it turned out really elegant. I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a dark green panel to 4" x 5 1/4" (although I did cut it down later), stamped the background blocks image using versamark ink and heat embossed it with gold detail embossing powder. I also stamped and gold heat embossed the sentiment and cut it out with a sentiment strips die. I die cut a frame from gold mirror card and also cut 3 more frames from the dark green card so that I could stack them using liquid glue. It was at this point that I cut down the green panel using a rectangle die from master layouts 2 which left a tiny border around the frame. I adhered the frame over the embossed panel using liquid glue. I added the panel onto my card base using double sided tape. The sentiment was added overlapping the frame using a mix of liquid glue and foam squares and I finished off with some tiny gold pearls. For the inside I cut a white panel using a stitched rectangle die and a green panel from the slightly larger plain rectangle die and adhered them together using liquid glue. I had some tiny pieces of heat embossed panel left over so cut them into 1 1/8" squares and then cut these on the diagonal, placing one in each corner of the white panel using liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in dark green ink and adhered the panel to the card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
* to be updated *
Not long now until the new release at the end of the month and I hope you've enjoyed the inspiration from Bev and my fellow brand ambassadors as we celebrate Christmas in July.
I'll be back later with my card for the Just Us Girls challenge. Thanks for stopping by.
Love & hugs,
card supplies:
Uniko - Pure Florals: Poinsettia (for sentiments)
Cosmic Shimmer - bright gold detail embossing powder
Versamark - embossing and watermark ink pad
Gina K Designs - master layouts 18 (for frame)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 02 (for stitched and plain rectangles)
Gina K Designs - black gold & silver mini pearl mix
Gina K Designs - large strip sentiments dies
Gina K Designs - Christmas pine ink pad (for inside sentiment)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
dark green card & gold mirror card from my stash





No comments:
Post a Comment