Good morning lovely friends; I hope your week is going well so far and you're surviving the heatwave; although thankfully it's a little cooler here now. I'm sharing my card for the new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week we are on Week 4; as always the theme is 'Masculine' and Lori is our hostess. We know it's not everyone's favourite challenge, but we do have to make some masculine cards sometime and this challenge will hopefully help you get them done. We hope you will come over and join in the fun with us.


As usual I was pushed for time so kept my card fairly clean and simple, but as I've said before I think most men prefer their cards that way anyway. My card is almost a SIP card this week (stamps, ink and paper) but I did use a banner die to cut out the birthday greeting. I think it turned out great and I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4". I stamped the background stamp using two different shades of grey ink; I put the darker shade in the centre and the lighter on the edges and used a blending brush to soften the line between them and I liked that it ended up looking quite distressed. I stamped three stars in red, blue and the lighter grey and fussy cut them out. I adhered them over the background using foam squares. I stamped the sentiment in the darker grey and used a banner die to cut it out and adhered it over the centre star using a combination of foam squares and liquid glue. For a finishing touch I stamped some smaller, solid stars around the panel and added some black spatter. I adhered the panel onto my card base with double sided tape. For the inside I cut a panel 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped the background and 2 stars directly at the bottom of the panel; I also added some smaller stars and spatter. The sentiment was stamped in the centre using the darker grey ink and the panel was adhered to the card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Colorful Options challenge - red, white & blue (option 1 and 4)

Crafty Calendar challenge - happy birthday (entry 3 of 3)
Daisy Chain challenge - birthday
Girlz Makes Guyz Cards challenge - ATG masculine
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie challenge - red, white & blue (inspired by colours, stars & stripes)

PINspirational challenge - red, white & blue (inspired by the colours)

The Neglected Stuff challenge - background stamp is 2 years old and only now using it
Tic Tac Toe challenge - middle line - any colour, free, sentiment

Unicorn challenge - no design paper
We Love Stamping challenge - summertime (playing the ATG option this time)
Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Uniko - anniversaire arts decoratifs clear stamp (for sentiments)
MFT - blueprints 27 (for banner die)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)






1 comment:
Nice card friend, love the stars, you and Lori have great minds. This is very light and great colors...Have a good day friend, hugs, L
Post a Comment