My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 23 July 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #833 - Stencil Week

Hello again friends!  I'm back to share my DT card for the Just Us Girls challenge and this week it's 'ATG Stencil Week'.  As long as you use a stencil you can create anything you like so I'm sure there will be lots of entries.
I'm really enjoying using my stencils more and it's making me re-visit ones I haven't used for years. I made two cards today inspired by Gina's recent 'slice and dice' live on YouTube.  I used an older layering stencil and used a different colour combo for each style of card.  My cards are not as perfect as Gina's but I think they turned out great and I hope you like them.  Let me know if you have a favourite.
Here are my cards:
A closer look at the pink one:
and a closer look at the orange one:
plus I decorated the insides:

I began by cutting two white panels 4" x 5 1/4" and stencilled both panels using the same layering stencils, just changing up the colours.  I followed Gina's guide and trimmed the orange panel down to 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" and then cut the panel into threes, each measuring 1 1/4" x 5 1/4".  For the pink panel I cut the panel in half at 2" and then cut the strips in half at 2 5/8".  I cut black mat layers 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and used liquid glue to adhere them together.  I stamped a happy birthday sentiment for the pink card and a thank you sentiment for the orange card using black ink onto white card; I used the coordinating dies to cut them out (along with 3 extra for each from white card so that I could stack them up).  I added the birthday sentiment onto the pink card in the centre of the panel using liquid glue and added the thank you sentiment in the bottom right of the panel on the orange card again using liquid glue.  I finished off both panels with some black pearls and they were added to card bases with double sided tape.  For the insides I kept it really simple this time (as I was pushed for time and I had already cleaned my stencils!).  I ink blended the pink and green in borders along the bottom of one panel and orange and green on the second panel.  I stamped greetings in black ink in the centres and added black mat layers.  The panels were then adhered to the card bases with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

Such a great challenge and I cannot wait to see what you create. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for the rest of the design team. Our guest designer is Bonnie so please leave her some love too.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Gina K Designs - graceful greetings stamp & die (for outside sentiments)
Gina K Designs - *perfect posy stamp (for inside sentiments) (*Bumbleberry Crafts)
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you x

2 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Denise... love the slice-and-dice technique!

Carol said...

What a fabulous technique for your beautifully stenciled cards! The pink and orange colro choices are so fun and the black makes it all pop! Love these so much!