My Lovely Followers

Thursday 3 October 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #736 - Stamps

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and we are back to Week 1 which means Leanne is our hostess, and our theme as always is 'Stamps'.  We hope you will come over and join in the fun with us. 
I decided to make a masculine card for a change this week.  My son is always looking for cards for his friends and is usually moaning that they are not manly enough so at least I've got one in my stash for now lol!  It was almost a SIP card (stamps, ink, paper) but then decided to emboss the background at the last moment.  I hope you like it. 

Here is my card:

A closer look at the stamping:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I saw a really cool sketch that was the starting point for my card and I used some really old clear stamps that I re-discovered when looking for something else.  I cut a small panel of white card 2 1/4"x 4 3/8" and using the different sized stars randomly stamped them in each corner.  My colour palette was inspired by a lot of the autumn challenges around at the moment.  I stamped a happy birthday in black ink in the centre.  I matted the panel onto a dark grey card using double sided tape.  For the background panel I cut a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and embossed it with a plaid embossing folder and again matted this onto a slightly larger grey panel using double sided tape.  I added the smaller panel onto the embossed panel using foam tape.  This was then added onto my card base with double sided tape.  I wasn't going to add any embellishments but I found these teeny tiny silver stars in my stash so added a few of these amongst the stars.  For the inside I cut a white panel 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and added some star gems in the bottom right corner to match the front and stamped a small sentiment in black ink in the centre.  I again added a dark grey mat with double sided tape.  This was added to the card base with double sided tape.  A really clean and simple card and I think most men prefer their cards this way.  

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori.  

Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Verve Visual - seeing stars stamp set - store closed in 2018
Verve Visual - starlight starbright remixed stamp set - store closed in 2018 
Gina K Designs - the good life stamp set (for sentiment)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - kraft, dark chocolate, sweet mango, red hot and stormy sky
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card - currently not available but they have 240gsm in stock here
grey card from stash
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

No comments: