My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 2 October 2024

Fall Friends Card Making IG Hop - Week 4

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday. I'm back with my card for Week 4 of the 'Fall Friends' IG card hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  For Week 4 I am the hostess and I chose 'autumn critters and fall woodland animals' as I'm a sucker for cute critters.  I was thinking hedgehogs, deer, squirrels etc so grab your supplies and come join in the fun.
For my card this week I chose a well loved and adorable hedgehog stamp set.  I decided to create my own background 'paper' but it ended up quite busy so I had to change my plan slightly but it turned out better than I expected.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A close up of the cute hedgehog:
Of course I decorated the inside:
I began by creating my background paper using some smaller images from the stamp set.  I coloured them with Promarkers and then cut it out using a wonky rectangle die.  I stamped my hedgehog onto alcohol marker friendly card, coloured it with Promarkers and added a few white highlights.  I again used the wonky rectangle die to cut it out and decided to use a decorative edge die at the bottom for some extra interest.  Once I placed the image onto the background I thought it was a bit too busy and was going to do something else but thought it before I discarded it would try the eclipse technique and die cut the word hugs from the background.  I also cut it 3 more times from white card.  I stacked the white letters together and then added the patterned ones on top with liquid glue.  I adhered the background onto a layer of black card with a combination of double sided tape and liquid glue and then placed the letters back into the background with liquid glue.  I added the hedgehog panel at the top with double sided tape.  I stamped 'sending' onto black card and heat embossed it with white embossing powder and cut it out with a sentiment strip die.  I placed this onto the 'H' of the hugs with liquid glue.  The panel was then added onto my card base with double sided tape.  I didn't add any embellishments as there was lots going on already.  For the inside I cut another wonky rectangle and black layer and adhered them together with double sided tape.  I stamped the 3 small images in the bottom right corner and coloured them with Promarkers and stamped a sentiment in black ink in the centre.  The panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  A fun autumnal birthday card and I think it's super cute.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - ATG (entry #3 - supplies list at bottom of post)
As You Like It challenge - favourite die (I love this wonky stitched die; it adds lots of interest without being too much)
Crafter's Cafe challenge - ATG option include an animal
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - colours of fall/autumn (entry 3)
Die Cut Divas challenge - ATG on a card for World Card Making Day
Inspiration Station challenge - inspiration photo (I was inspired by the colours)
Make My Monday challenge - create your own background (I stamped and coloured my BG)
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG with optional twist colours of autumn

I hope you will pop over to Instagram and check out the hop; use the hashtag #fallfriendscardhop2024 to see all the gorgeous creations and also if you want to participate we will be able to find you.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so I hope you will pop back and check it out.  Until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
MFT - happy hedgehogs stamp set - retired
Promarkers
MFT - how to say cheers stamp set (for inside sentiment) - retired
MFT - big hugs die - retired
Simon Says Stamp - wonky rectangles dies
Spellbinders - punch & pierce borders (for decorative edge)
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips dies
Gina K Designs - white pigment ink cube
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card - currently oos
Hobbycraft - A4 black card
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Totally adorable and so nicely colored. Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

brenda said...

A nice design Denise, many thanks for sharing a third with us at Allsorts for our 800th challenge.

B x