My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Fall Friends IG Card Making Hop - Week 5

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday. I'm back with my card for Week 5 of the 'Fall Friends' IG card hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  For Week 5 Kati is our hostess and she has chosen 'fall gnomes or autumn wreaths'. 
Now you know I'm a sucker for a good wreath but for some inexplicable reason I decided to go with the gnome theme; especially as I don't particularly like gnomes!!  Anyway, I had one stamp in my stash, which was actually in a holiday stamp set but it was quite generic so I just went for it.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A close look at the gnome:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping all the images onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers in warm, autumn colours.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I die cut a panel from patterned paper using a stitched die and a slightly larger mat panel from orange card and adhered them together with double sided tape.  I used a decorative shaped die to cut a white panel and also the slightly larger die to again cut an orange panel and again adhered them with double sided tape.  I added the gnome and pumpkins with foam squares.  I added this to the panel, more towards the top, with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment in black ink underneath.  For a finishing touch I added a few gold smooth sequins using liquid glue.  For the inside I cut the same white and orange panels and adhered them with double sided tape.  I had a strip of the patterned paper left over and using the same stitched die I cut a piece for the bottom of the white panel.  I adhered this with double sided tape.  I stamped and coloured one extra pumpkin and added it to the bottom right corner and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I'm happy with how it turned out, especially as I'm not a gnome fan; I think it turned out quite cute.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - favourite card shape (I mostly make US A2 sized cards now, which is similar in size to our A6; it's not too big a space to fill and all the US dies fit perfectly)
Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap challenge - ATG must use patterned paper
My Time To Craft challenge - autumn season colours
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - use patterned paper
Stamping Sensations challenge - autumn colours (full list of supplies at bottom of post)
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional twist colours of autumn
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - use one or more of orange, black and purple

I hope you will pop over to Instagram and check out the hop; use the hashtag #fallfriendscardhop2024 to see all the gorgeous creations and also if you want to participate we will be able to find you.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so I hope you will pop back and check it out.  Until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 

Gina K Designs - a very silly season stamp & die (for gnome)
Gina K Designs - front porch builder stamp (for pumpkins)
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card - currently not available but they have 240gsm in stock here
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Orange card from stash

6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the material effect p, paper and Autumn colours.
Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Carol DT x
( don't particularly like Gnomes either-can't see the fascination myself!)
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

He's just the cutest Gnome and I love the Autumn themed papers. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

María said...

A wonderful card. The colouring is awesome and that gnome is super fun. I love the paper you've chosen for the background. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

brenda said...

I'm with you on wreaths Denise! But Gnomes are fun, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping Autumn challenges.

B x

!neke said...

Great card !!!! Great colors !!!
Thanks for joining GCFAoS.

groeten Ineke

Lynne said...

A super cute card Denise and love the papers. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Lynne DT