My Lovely Followers

Thursday 10 October 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #737 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and we are on Week 2 which means I am our hostess, and our theme as always is 'Christmas'.  We hope you will come over and join in the fun with us. 
I had been itching to use my new Gina K Designs Christmas kit and this was the opportunity I needed to pull it out.  The stamp set I used today works perfectly with her previously released postage dies/stencils so I decided to combine them.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A close look at the images:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the images onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers.  I had a really tough time choosing which images to use but I was inspired by a card I saw by Karen Hightower over on the Gina K FaceBook page so used the same ones she did.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I also stamped and die cut one of the sentiments from the stamp set.  I used the postage die to cut a white panel but didn't want the whole panel so cut all the postage squares apart.  I used the matching stencil to lightly colour the squares with sea glass ink.  I found a confetti layering stencil and the one layer reminded me of snow so after cutting a white panel I used that to create my background again using sea glass ink.  I matted the white panel onto a black mat layer with double sided tape.  I used foam squares behind the images and sentiment and added them to the postage squares.  I also cut teeny tiny foam squares to go behind the string of lights!  I arranged the images in a similar fashion to Karen's card and added them with double sided tape.  I finished off with a few silver smooth disc sequins.  For the inside I cut another set of white and black panels and adhered them with double sided tape.  I stencilled the bottom of the white panel with the confetti stencil and sea glass ink.  I had stamped, coloured and die cut an extra tree image and also used another of the postage squares so added them into the bottom right corner with double sided tape.  I stamped a sentiment along the edge of the stencilling with black ink.  A fun card and with so many cute images in the stamp set you could create a bunch of these cards.   

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Cut It Up challenge - inspired by a song ('driving home for Christmas')
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Peace on Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas themed
Sparkles Christmas challenge - use the word Christmas on your projects
Stencil Fun challenge - anything stencil goes optional Halloween

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori.  

Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - Christmas cheer stamp & die bundle (kit is sold out but this bundle will be available next week)
Gina K Designs - sea glass ink pad
Gina K Designs - layered confetti stencil
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card - currently not available but they have 240gsm in stock here
Hobbycraft - A4 black card
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed 
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

3 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Ooh, what a great Christmas card with the wonderfully festive dies! I didn't know this Christmas song, so you've introduced me to a new one! Thanks! So happy you shared with us at Cut It Up! Katrina

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks for sharing before the extended deadline expired at MTTCChristmas!!! The Christmas card scene is cute! I like the soft blue and lots of white to give that wintery look contrasting with the bright colors of the lights, car, and tree! Super! --Becca

Leanne said...

Awesome job my friend, love this card all the details and color way to go. Have a nice day! Cheers, L :)