My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 14 August 2024

Summer Soiree Card Making IG Hop - Week 9

Hello friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  Another week has whizzed by in a blink of an eye; it will be Christmas before we know it lol!  

We are now up to Week 9 of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. This week's theme is 'road trips or summer celebrations' so this one is really open as you could even have a wedding card as a summer celebration. 
I decided to combine the themes and have a car load of friends celebrating a birthday on a road trip haha!  I recently picked up this stamp set on an amazing deal and it was really perfect timing for my card this week.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A close up of the fun image:
I decorated the inside too:
I began by stamping the images onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers.  I used the matching dies to cut everything out.  I cut a white card panel 4" x 5 1/4" and lightly ink blended some clouds in the top 2/3rds using a mini cloud edge stencil.  For the 'road' I cut a piece of mid grey card 1 1/4" x 4" and adhered this to the bottom of the panel.  Before adding the panel to the card base I stamped the party time sentiment in alcohol marker friendly black ink and again coloured it with Promarkers.  I adhered the panel with foam tape and arranged the die cut images before adding them with foam squares.  No extra embellishments this time but I did add a few white gel pen highlights to the images.  For the inside I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped 3 of the presents in the bottom right corner and again coloured them with Promarkers.  I stamped a sentiment across the centre in black ink.  I adhered the panel to the card base with double sided tape.  A really fun image and I enjoyed making this card.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS goes optional twist: holidays/travels
Allsorts challenge - summer days/ATG
As You Like It challenge - bugs, feathers or fur - I love cute critters so will always go fur 
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Dream Valley challenge - hand coloured image
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG/my best friend
Inkspirational challenge - mood board - inspired by the colours
Stencil Fun challenge - anything stencil goes optional twist: summertime
The Cutie Pie challenge - four legged friends
We Love Stamping challenge - focal sentiment or quote/ATG

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants in my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

card ingredients:
Waffle Flower - limo ride stamp & die set (it looks like the stamp is now sold out)
Promarkers
MFT - mini cloud edge stencil - retired
Gina K Designs - on the inside stamp (inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - sea glass ink pad
Memento - tuxedo black ink 
Versafine - onyx black ink 
grey card from scraps bin

8 comments:

Gail L said...

What a fun card!
I would go on a road trip with those party animals!!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

kareN stampZ said...

That is one road trip I would love to be on, what a fab and fun card. Thanks for playing along and sharing with the optional twist at AAA Cards.

Ellibelle said...

So cute and beautifully done!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Julia Aston said...

wow - this group of animal friends really know how to party - they have everything needed to celebrate in the party wagon! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Moodboard! Julia xx

Taty said...

The card is beautiful and colored very well. I love the stamp congratulations and good luck. Thanks for joining the Dream Valley Challenge Taty x DT

Francesca said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Thanks for playing at Addicted to Stamps and more

foleysfriend said...

Amazing work! I'll bet that was a fun road trip! Great job with the Promarkers. I love how you colored in the sentiment with a variety of colors. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Linby said...

A wonderful summer card. Love how colourful it is. Thanks for taking part at We Love Stamping challenge.