My Lovely Followers

Thursday 8 August 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #728 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week it's Week 2 which means that I am your hostess and our theme as always is 'Christmas', so grab your festive supplies and come join in the fun with us.  I am building up a nice supply of Christmas cards thanks to these challenges so if you're yet to start this is a great way to get some done.  
I dug out another wood block stamp this week as I'm really enjoying using them.  They stamp so well and as I haven't used them for so long it's like having new stamps to play with!  I was a little pressed for time when making my card, which is the norm these days, so although not really clean and simple there are minimal layers and embellishments.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A close up of the cute hedgie:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the image onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured it with Promarkers.  I added some highlights with a white gel pen.  I decided to use a stitched, rounded rectangle die to cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment below the image with black ink.  I searched through my old, neglected 6" x 6" paper pads and found this gorgeous green striped paper which I thought matched the image perfectly.  I cut it with my trimmer to 4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered the paper to my card base with double sided tape and then the rounded rectangle was added to this with foam tape.  I finished off with a few red sequins to complement the red berries in the image.  For the inside I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added a strip of the patterned paper to the left side with double sided tape.  I masked the holly leaves on the stamp and just stamped the hedgie into the right hand corner so that it looked like he was peeking in; I then coloured it again with Promarkers.  I stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink and then added the panel to my card base with double sided tape.  For a change this is a landscape A2 card.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - bugs, fur or feathers (I don't mind a cute bug or bird but I'm a sucker for a cute critter so would always pick fur.  I know hedgehogs have spines but they also have fur too)
Birthstone challenges - ruby/peridot
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Crafty Gals Corner challenge - ATG optional twist Christmas
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Dragonfly Dreams challenge - these are a few of my favourite things - PB hedgies and Promarkers
Dream Valley challenge - Christmas in July
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG/my best friend
Inkspirational challenge - woodland (hedgehogs live in the woods)
Love Those Pretty Papers challenge - use your papers optional summertime
Make My Monday challenge - colouring mediums (I used alcohol markers)
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Peace On Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas themed
Penny Black Saturday challenge - ATG optional flowers
Sparkles Christmas challenge - Christmas critters
The Holly & Ivy Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle.  

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Penny Black Stamps - berry, berry Christmas
Promarkers
MFT - stitched rounded rectangle stax dies - retired
Echo Park - dots & stripes Christmas collection 6"x6" pad - retired
Versafine - onyx black ink
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed

12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is beautiful, Denise, and I love how the little hedgie makes an appearance on the inside too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gundi and me, Jo x

Tee said...

Beautiful coloring and love the addition of the designer paper & image inside too! Thank you for joining us @ Make My Monday.

Billie A said...

So cute. Love the coloring and design. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday, Crafty Gals Corner

Pamela said...

adorable hedgehog and you did a great job on coloring! thank you for sharing your creation with us at MMM

Chrissy said...

Your little hedgie is so very cute with his furry belly, gorgeous card..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Always love a hedgehog and this one is especially cute. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge

Marlena M. said...

Your hedgie is ADORABLE, and I love the way you finished the inside too! Thank you for sharing with us at INk~

Kate said...

Such a cute and festive little critter Denise - perfect for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month, thanks for sharing with us! Hugs Kate (DT Sparkles Christmas Challenge)!

Fiona said...

Such a cute card and I love your colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such an adorable creature! Mr Hedgehog really likes his Christmas berries.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning card Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

Geweldige kaart. Tof dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Dragonfly dreams.
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls
Girlz Rebel Challenge
Girlz Creative Fun Art of Scrap

Helen said...

Such a cute card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x