My Lovely Followers

Thursday 15 August 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #729 - CAS

Hello again lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week.  It's Thursday so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are now on Week 3 which means Diane is our hostess and our theme as always is 'CAS (clean and simple)', so come and join in the fun with us. 

I didn't have anyone in mind when I made this card (for a change) so just had fun and went with it.  I chose colours I liked and really like the finished card, even though it took 10 minutes to make!  I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4".  I took 5 ink cubes and lightly swiped them across the panel from the left side so that they went to white at the right side.  I took a beautiful floral stamp and simply stamped it in black ink over the swiped panel; no colouring or anything fancy but I think it looks dramatic and modern.  I decided at this point to die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die and also a black mat panel.  I adhered them together with double sided tape.  I stamped the sentiment onto black card using versamark embossing ink and added white embossing powder which I heat set; I had the matching die so cut it out with that.  The panel was added to my card base with foam tape and I also added the sentiment with foam squares.  I didn't add any embellishments as I thought it looked colourful and fun as it was.  For the inside I cut a white panel and a black mat panel using the same dies as for the front.  I again swiped the ink pads across the panel but this time I didn't even go as far as the middle of the panel and then stamped a sentiment in black ink.  The panels were adhered together with double sided tape and then onto the card base also with double sided tape.  A super quick card but really colourful and quite easy to mass produce using different colours.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes optional mood board
CRAFT challenge - ATG option back to school
Daisy Chain challenge - for the girls
Simply Clean & Simple challenge - anything CAS option off centre
Stamping Sensations challenge - ATG or summer in the garden
Triple B challenge - use at least one bird, blooms or butterflies
Unicorn challenge - flowers 

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle.  

I have an extra card for you today so please pop back in a little while and check it out.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - lovely flowers stamp
Gina K Designs - on the inside stamp (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - all occasion flowers stamp & die bundle (for sentiment)
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 14 (for stitched rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 1 (for plain rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - ink cubes - carnation cube set, orchid cube set, lilac cube set
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Versamark - embossing ink

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Love the ink color stamp and the black flower over it, awesome idea friend. Have a great day! L

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such a fun technique! Love the colour smears and beautiful floral stamp.

Diane said...

Me again, thanks so much for sharing your pretty card with us at Beautiful Blossoms and Triple B!!
Diane BB DT and TB Co-owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}
NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

Clare Lloyd said...

It’s fabulous! Thanks for entering the CRAFT challenge. Clare GDT x

Alyson Mayo said...

Super pretty with the black image and bold colours from the side. Thanks for sharing with us at Pearly Sparkles :)

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card, love design with the ink pads.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

Paula said...

Simple yet amazing! Thanks for sharing for the CRAFT Challenge Blog!

brenda said...

Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card,
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x