My Lovely Followers

Thursday 15 August 2024

AAA Colourful challenge #7 - guest designer

Hello again friends.  I was lucky enough to win a challenge over at AAA Colourful challenge and was offered the chance to be a guest designer.  I was honoured and accepted straight away.  
Today is the day I get to share my card as it's the start of challenge #7 and they have an awesome colour board to inspire you.  The colours provided need to be the prominent ones you use but you can also include neutrals in your design.  You can make any type of papercraft project and it can be for any occasion.
When I saw the colour board my mind instantly went to a beach scene or seaside but I've already done that a few times recently so I thought that I would do something completely different.  I hope you like my interpretation.
Here is my card:
A close up of the ink blended die cuts:
I also decorated the inside:
I began by taking some smooth white card and ink blended a panel using a dark blue, lighter blue, green and yellow inks.  I also sprinkled some water droplets over the panel for some extra interest.  Once the panel was dry I used a leaf die and cut as many as I could from the panel.  I took another piece of white card and using scallop border die cut a strip about 1 1/2" x 5 1/4".  I laid the leaf die cuts behind the white strip in order of the colour board (dark blue down to yellow) but didn't feel like it was full enough so I cut a few white leaves and filled out the design with them.  I added double sided tape behind the strip and pressed it down onto the leaves; which was easier than adding them individually. I then added foam tape to the strip and to some random leaves for stability.  I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added the strip and leaves on the left hand side.  I was going to add a black pre-printed sentiment but found a white one I had previously coloured yellow which matched perfectly so used that instead; I added it with liquid glue.  I didn't add any embellishments as I thought it looked quite elegant without anything extra.  For the inside I cut another panel 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink. To imitate the front I cut a white strip 1" x 4" and again used the scallop border die to create the decorative edge.  I had kept one of each colour of leaf and added them behind the strip with double sided tape.  The whole strip was then added to the bottom of the panel with double sided tape.  A fairly clean and simple card and it didn't take too long to make but I think it packs a punch.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS goes optional twist holidays/travel
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist diamonds, gold & pearls
Classic Design Challenge - ATG optional twist geometric designs/shapes
Daisy Chain challenge - for the girls
Double D challenge - harvest/fall (fall leaves)
Simply Clean & Simple challenge - anything goes CAS optional twist off centre

I hope the colour board inspires you and you will join in the fun.  Please pop over to the blog to see the amazing creations by the Design Team.  I look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations in the linky.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - foliage fillers dies
Clearly Besotted Stamps - scalloped edges die collection - retired
Gina K Designs - perfect posy mini stamp set (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - sentiment strip dies (to cut the pre-printed sentiment)

11 comments:

Jane said...

Such a pretty way to use the colours. Love the inside detail. Thanks so much for guesting with us at AAA Colourful this month.

Cardsbymaaike said...

such a cool way to use the colours on the colour board, I love it. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month at the AAA Colourful Challenges

Nancy said...

Such a wonderful way to use the challenge colours! I love it! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer this month!

Leanne said...

Awesome idea friend, love those colors and the great use of leave dies...way to go! Hugs, L

Viv said...

A lovely card with the added bonus of the inside decoration too. Great make and thanks for sharing with us at TIOT

Judy Woodland said...

Such a beautiful card. I love what you have done with those die cuts, and your colors are gorgeous. Fabulous design. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. I hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ DD DT Designer

Francesca said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

corysnana said...

Love your card and those gorgeously blended die cuts, Denise! Beautiful use of the inspiration colors! Thanks for playing along with the Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge Blog. Cathy ATS&M DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving how you coloured and created all those pretty leaves - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Betta said...

Your card is fantastic!! 🤩🤩🤩
I really like how you combined the colors. Simple but very elegant!
Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
Bettascrap DT

Jane.D said...

What a lovely take on the colourboard! I love it! I also love how you've decorated the inside of the card. Thank you for guest designing for us at AAA Colourful! xx