My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 21 August 2024

Summer Soiree Card Making IG Hop - Week 10

Hello friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  Not a great week, weather-wise, here; it's grey, windy and very showery, although today has been dry so far.  Not really August weather so far this month.  

We are now up to Week 10 of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. This is the penultimate week and our theme is 'summer treats' so think ice cream, lollies (or popsicles as they call them across the pond), an iced frappuccino, etc the list is endless.  
I was really pushed for time making my card this week and was delighted when searching through my stash I found these images already stamped, coloured and fussy cut and ready to go - score!  

Here is my card:
A close up of the cute images:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I cut my white panel to 4" x 5 1/4" and simply stencilled the background using a fun splat stencil.  I added the images with foam squares and stamped the sentiment below in black ink.  I added the panel to the card base with foam tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel the same size, stencilled a portion of the design in the bottom right corner and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I did have to quickly stamp one more ice lolly and coloured it with promarkers and again fussy cut it out.  I added it over the partial splat with liquid glue.  The panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  I think was the quickest card I've made for a while, thanks to most of the images already being done.  I think it's a fun thank you card; I hope you like it too. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS challenge - blended (I blended 2 pink inks through my stencil)
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Allsorts challenge - summer days
Daisy Chain challenge - for the girls
Dream Valley challenge - hand coloured image
Stencil Fun challenge - anything stencil goes optional theme summer time
The Four Seasons challenge - anything goes summer
We Love Stamping challenge - focal sentiment/quote or ATG

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants in my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

Card ingredients:
Heffy Doodle - treat yo'self stamp set - store now sadly closed
Promarkers
Clearly Besotted - splat it stencil
LOTV - verses A5 stamp set (for inside sentiment) - their stamp shop is temporarily closed
Gina K Designs - ink pads - bubblegum pink, passionate pink
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable cute! Love the stenciled splashes, Jo x

Gail L said...

Turned out so cute!
Love the splats!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

Linby said...

So sweet and a great CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at We love Stamping.

Wendy L said...

A very sweet card!!, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is adorable, Denise! Love that splat! Nothing says summer more than ice cream. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Catie Cuddles said...

Such a cute idea !
Love the splotches!
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Furrbster said...

Oooh this definitely screams summertime fun!!

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz