My Lovely Followers

Thursday 22 August 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #730 - All Occasions

Hello lovely friends; sorry my post is a little late today.  It's Thursday so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are now on Week 4 which means Lori is our hostess and our theme as always is 'All Occasions', so come and join in the fun with us. 
As it's All Occasions you can make whatever you like.  I always seem to need birthday cards so that is what I made but you can do anniversary, get well, thinking of you, back to school, whatever you want.  I had a sketch in mind when I made my card and I think it turned out really cute.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A close up of the images:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the cupcakes onto alcohol marker friendly card before colouring them with Promarkers and using the matching dies to cut them out.  I took a white card panel 4" x 5 1/4" and using a circle stencil ink blended some sea glass ink to create 3 interlinked circles.  I stamped 3 'happy' words so that they overlapped the circles slightly using black ink.  I then added the cupcakes with foam squares.  I stamped, white heat embossed and die cut my birthday sentiment and also added that with foam squares.  For a finishing touch I added some black dots randomly around my cupcakes using a memento marker pen.  I added the panel on the card base with foam tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and ink blended one circle using the stencil in the bottom left corner.  I added another cupcake with liquid glue over the circle and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I managed to get some ink above the sentiment so to camouflage it I added a few more black dots with the memento pen.  The panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  Another CAS card today but I think it's perfect for a birthday.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS challenge - blended (I ink blended my circles)
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
As You Like It challenge - favourite colouring medium (I'm with Sarah, Promarkers are my go to; I've had them for many years and they are still going strong and blend really well together)
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional theme geometric designs/shapes (I have circles in my background)
Cupcake Inspirations challenge - theme: happy birthday (congrats on 600 challenges!)
Die Cut Divas challenge - dry or wet embossing (I heat embossed my sentiment)
Double D challenge - use shapes on your project (I have circles in my background)
Just Us Girls challenge - anything goes stencil week
Stencil Fun challenge - anything goes stencil optional theme summertime
Sweet Stampin' challenge - cakes and baking
Try It On Tuesday challenge - make it feminine

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'All Occasions' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle.  

Thanks for stopping by today; I really appreciate you visiting my little corner of blogland. 

Love and hugs, 



MFT - sweet birthday wishes stamp & die set - retired
Uniko Stamps - everyday love sentiments (for happy)
Gina K Designs - All Occasions flowers bundle (for birthday sentiment)
Gina K Designs - sea glass ink pad
Hobbycraft - black A4 card
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed

14 comments:

Leanne said...

Yummy, love this card, great images and coloring...awesome now I think I need a cupcake ;)

Chris said...

Those cupcakes do look delicious! Lovely design and layout, love the overlapping circles with the clever shading. Thank you so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Barbara said...

Who doesn't like a cupcake for a birthday celebration? You have made three of them and I love this design. A cute Birthday card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

ElizStewart said...

Denise...cute design and yummy cupcakes! Thanks for sharing at Just Us girls this week.

Nora Noll said...

Such a cute project!!! I love the colors you used. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Arlene said...

You actually made me hungry for cupcakes, not store bought, but homemade. I think these are better for me. Great design too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our August Challenge to either dry or wet emboss.

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous cupcakes and colouring and I love the dimension..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cindy C. said...

How delightful! The cupcakes looks yummy. Thanks for linking up to our August challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Viv said...

Everyone needs a cupcake - or 3! Lovely card, great colouring and thanks for sharing with us at TIOT!

foleysfriend said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy. I love that you made different colors/flavors of icing on them. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Love the CAS layout! It’s perfect to showcase the yummylicious cupcakes! Have an amazing week!

corysnana said...

Such a cute cupcake card! Love the design and your cupcakes! Thanks for playing along with Stencil or Die Cut Challenge on the Addicted to Stamps & More Blog. Cathy ATS&M DT

Catie Cuddles said...

Lovely idea with the inky circles behind the images
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT