My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 28 August 2024

Summer Soiree Card Making IG Hop - Week 11

Hello friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.    

It's Week 11 and the final week of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. I'm a little sad that our hop is coming to an end but don't worry we will be starting our 'fall' hop very soon.  Our theme for the last week is 'rainbows' so you can use images/dies of rainbows or even just rainbow colours.  What a fun theme.  
Initially I was going to use rainbow colours and not go for the obvious choice but I found a cute rainbow die and changed my mind lol!  
Here is my card:
A closer look:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting my white panel using a scalloped die and also cut a frame using the same die set.   I used the rainbow die and cut out each band using card from my scraps bin.  I used one of the negative parts of the die cut to place my bands back into place and then added some double sided tape to the back to keep them secure.  I used some white card and die cut out some small clouds.  I actually remembered to stamp my sentiment before I added any dimension to my panel and stamped this at the bottom in black ink.  I added thin foam tape behind the frame and adhered it to the matching white panel.  I added foam squares behind my rainbow and added that at a slightly jaunty angle inside my frame and added the clouds with a mixture of foam squares and liquid glue.  At the last minute I realised I had meant to stamp some raindrops so carefully using an acrylic block I stamped them around the rainbow in a light grey ink (thankfully they all turned out ok).  I adhered my panel onto the card base with double sided tape.  I wasn't going to add any embellishments but I must have gotten some ink on my fingers and there were a few smudges on the sides of the frame so decided to cover them with some silver sequins and they look ok I think.  For the inside I die cut another panel with the scalloped die and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  In the same die set as the scalloped frame there was a mini rainbow so I decided to use that on the inside of the card.  Again I cut it out using scraps from my scraps bin and some clouds from white card.  I adhered the rainbow with double sided tape and the clouds with liquid glue.  I stamped 3 sets of raindrops around the rainbow.  The panel was then adhered to the card base with double sided tape.  It turned out being a really fun card with a pop of colour, which I think could be used for quite a few occasions.  I hope you like it. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Colorful Options challenge - yellow-green or rainbow
Crafters Cafe challenge - ATG option rainbows/lots of colours

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants in my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

Card ingredients:
Paper Smooches - rainbow die - retired 
W Plus 9 - sunshine layers die set - retired
MFT - cutest clouds ever die set - retired 
Gina K Designs - soft stone ink pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
coloured card from scraps bin

2 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

Fabulous. I just love rainbows!
🌈
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

SmilynStef said...

Love those little grey raindrops ... so glad you joined our *Just Because* Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.