My Lovely Followers

Thursday 18 July 2024

Summer Soiree Card Making IG Hop - Week 5

Hello friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  I'm still playing catch up with my posts as Wesley is occupying most of my time at the moment.  He is chewing everything he can find and doesn't know what to do next; I'm sure (insert hope!) he will calm down soon.  He is full of fun though and very loving and cuddly.  

It's week 5 of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. This week is all about 'summer gardening' so we want to see all your gardening images i.e. flowers, wheelbarrows, veggies, spades etc.  

I made a clean and simple card this week, as I had to take make the most of puppy naps, and used a image from LOTV which features two cute critters, a wheelbarrow and some apples, which I thought was ideal.  I hope you like it.  
Here is my card:
A close up of the cute image:
I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping my image onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured it with my Promarkers; adding some highlights with a white gel pen.  I stamped a sentiment below the image in black ink.  I wanted to keep my card fairly clean and simple so use a scallop die to cut a piece of red dotty paper, a smaller green piece of card and also the image panel so that they would all line up when I adhered them together using liquid glue.  I added the layered panel to my card base with foam tape.  I didn't add anything else as I liked it as it was.  For the inside I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added a strip of the dotty paper and green card to the bottom with double sided tape.  I stamped just a small part of the image above the border and coloured it with Promarkers.  I think it looks really cute with just a tiny part of the image showing on the inside.  I didn't add a sentiment inside as I thought the outside was quite generic so could be used for multiple of occasions and I would add one later.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments challenge - bookmarks and/or hobbies + sentiment (gardening)
Birthstone challenge - ruby/peridot optional twist thank you
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option make it cute
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Inkspirational challenge - feature products from 2 different companies
Love Those Pretty Papers challenge - ATG must use patterned paper
The Cutie Pie challenge - beginning with B (bear, bunny)
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG option critter crazy

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants on my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,
 
card ingredients:
W Plus 9 - sunshine layers die set (for scalloped die) - sadly now closed
Elzybells - sentiment stamp set - sadly closed many years ago
Echo Park - dots & stripes Valentine 6x6 paper pad - retired
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - sadly now closed
Promarkers
green card from scraps bin

4 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Aww, puppy time. It's like having a toddler all over again but I would do it again and again. Your card is especially sweet, Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your creative designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Uschi said...

This is really such a beautiful stamp. I love this cute bear carrying this cuddly bunny. Great colors! The apples are also so beautifully colored. I also love the shape and design of your card. Really beautiful.
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card with the current Critter Crazy challenge.
Hugs Uschi

Marlena M. said...

Beautifully arranged creation, inside and out! I can remember the puppy years many years ago...it was roughhhh, cute, but a lot. ;) Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Billie A said...

Cute scene. Cute images and so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz, Aud Sentiments