My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 July 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #724 - Christmas

Hello again lovely friends, thank you so much for popping by.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and we are on to Week 2 which means I am your hostess and our theme as always is 'Christmas'.  So anything festive goes, whether you stamp, die cut, use ephemera, we want to see it.  So grab your festive supplies and come over and join in the fun with us. 
I grabbed one of my old Penny Black wooden stamps for my card today.  They are so cute and never go out of style.  You can't beat a PB hedgie image I don't think.  I was really pushed for time so my card ended up being very clean and simple.  I hope you like it.  
Here is my card:
A close up of the cute hedgie:
I decorated the inside (albeit very simply):
I began by stamping the image onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured it with my Promarkers.  I cut it into a rectangle and stuck this directly onto my card blank.  I cut a white panel 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and cut a rounded rectangle from the centre.  I cut a thin strip of patterned paper and added that to the left edge of the panel and stamped a sentiment in black ink in the bottom centre.  I added foam tape behind the panel and placed it over the coloured image so that it looks the image is peeking out of a window.  I debated adding embellishments but I liked it as it was.  For the inside I cut another white panel and simply stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink and added another strip of the patterned paper to the bottom.  I then added the panel to my card base with double sided tape.  It's surprising how much time it takes me to make design decisions, even on simple cards like this one; I hope I'm not the only one who dithers for ages and then goes back to the original idea lol!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Alphabet challenge - H is for holidays - summer or Christmas in July
Birthstone challenge - ruby/peridot optional thank you 
Christmas Crafts All Year Around - anything Christmas or winter holiday goes
Colorful Options challenge - flags (I was inspired by my home flag - Wales - red, white & green)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Crafty Calendar challenge - add a sentiment (3rd entry)
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG optional twist make it cute
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - Christmas in July 
Daisy Chain challenge - Christmas in July
Dragonfly Dreams challenge - Christmas in July 
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Peace on Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas themed optional mood board
Pearly Sparkles challenge - Christmas in July 
Penny Black Saturday challenge - ATG option food 
Simply Clean and Simple challenge - CAS optional use a heart
Simply Create Too challenge - Christmas in July
Stamping Sensations challenge - ATG optional twist Christmas in July
The Holly & Ivy Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional twist critter crazy

Wow!  Lots of Christmas themed challenges around at the moment!

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Penny Black - xmas kiss 2754H wooden stamp - 
Promarkers
Uniko Stamps - Christmas wishes stamp set (for sentiments)
MFT - stitched rounded rectangle stax dies - retired
Echo Park - dots & stripes valentines 6x6 paper pad - retired
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

19 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Denise - such a sweet image! This would fit in great over at Christmas Kickstart for the current challenge, Jo x

brenda said...

A very cute PB Hedgie seasonal card and perfect for our Christmas option at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww - that little hedgehog is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at both Cut It Up and Dragonfly Dreams :)

stampinwithanita said...

You can never go wrong with a Penny Black stamp and CAS showcase their illustrations perfectly! Love your card!!! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month.

Leslie Miller said...

You're so right about Penny Black stamps. I'll never tire of my collection and I have a LOT of them! Your card is adorable and beautifully colored. Bright and crisp. Love the red with polka dots. Your simple finish inside is just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Christmas Kickstart!

Leanne said...

Awesome job, super cute image and nice shape frame on the front...way to go, friend. Have a great evening. Hugs, L

Lia said...

A very cute CAS christmascard with those little critters!
Lia DT POE

Helen said...

Such a super cute card with that little hedgie! I agree - there's nothing like the sweet PB images. I look forward to seeing you share more of your creations with us! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Christmas card and that hedgehog is so sweet.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Fiona said...

Love this Denise - I can't believe I don't have any Penny Black stamps lol! I love the way you've created the layered look. Such a cute card - thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for joining Leslie and me at Christmas Kickstart, this one's a beauty, Jo x

Beebeebabs said...

Sorry I didn't mention my fav colors in the challenge. You mention in your comment about using a marker- if you look at the cupcake I did use markers.

Toni said...

so cute!

Inkyfingers said...

Aah - you used my favourite hedgie for this beautiful CAS design, Denise and I love that the inside looks so lovely too.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
what a fab Christmas card and your super design looks brilliant.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

baileyrosy.com said...

So cute !!! I love your little hedge hog and the clean and simple design is just perfection. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Colorful Options.

Marie

SarahR said...

Hi Denise, your card is perfect - as always! Thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

A very nice Christmas card.
Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas.
Greetings Annie DT

Helen said...

Such a sweet Christmas card Dennise! I love the additon of the frame to show off your little hedgie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge. :)