My Lovely Followers

Thursday 1 February 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #701 - stamps

Hello again friends.  I'm back with my second card for today and I'm sharing my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are on Week 1 this week, which is 'Stamps', so want to see some stamping (or digi images) on your creations.  
I needed a card for a crafty friend so this was the perfect challenge for me.  My friend loves clouds so had to incorporate them onto her card somewhere.  Here is my card:
and a closer look at the cute dragon:
I also decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the cute dragon image and coloured it with my Promarkers; I used the matching die to cut it out (even though I made a template I found it tricky to line up but it looks ok).   I took a white card panel 4" x 5 1/4" and cut a window in the upper portion using a cloud die.  I used a cloud stencil and stencilled the whole panel with a light blue ink.  I added a piece of acetate behind the window with liquid glue.  I cut a piece of purple card and stamped a sentiment in black ink. I added this to the bottom of the panel with double sided tape.  To make it look more finished I added a thin strip of green card above this with liquid glue.  I didn't want to waste the cloud that I die cut so added it to my background on the left side (and as I had a little bit that I cut off I also decided to add that to the right side for some balance).  I found some old shaker mixes in my drawer so used some clear sparkling sequins in my shaker window.  I added foam tape behind my panel and also around the cloud window.  To enclose the sequins I covered the window with another piece of the purple card.  I then adhered the panel to my card base.  The dragon was added to the card with foam squares just below the shaker window.  I did add a couple of extra sequins as a finishing touch.  For the inside I cut the same size panel and again used the cloud stencil all over.  I also added a panel of purple card and a thin strip of green card.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink.  The panel was added with double sided tape.   

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils (I have both)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG include an animal (delete if my dragon isn't allowed)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with featured critter
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option down on the farm
Scrapping 4 Fun challenge - ATG (2nd entry)

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori and our guest designer Helen who is joining us again for February.  

I appreciate you stopping by, but there's still one more card to come today, so please don't go too far away.  

Love and hugs, 


card ingredients:
MFT stamps - magical dragons stamp & die set
MFT stamps - everything wonderful stamp (for inside greeting)
Memory Box - marshmallow clouds (I used the smaller one)
Studio Light - Essentials slimline paper pad - pastel gradients
Gina K Designs - sea glass ink pad
Promarkers
Sakura - gelly roll white no 10 pen
Pretty Pink Posh - sparkling clear mix sequins
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
green card from scraps bin

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Awesome card so cute, great shaker card and the image is adorable, have a great day friend! Hugs, L

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute. I love the stenciled background and the shaker cloud. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Helen said...

Love your card and the shaker bit too! Beautiful inside too.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Chick again this week.

Helen x

Sasha said...

How cute! I love the scene you've created. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Your friend is going to LOVE it! I love me a shaker card any old day and the scene you’ve created is perfect for a flyby birthday. Dragon is adorbs!

Heather said...

This is soooo adorable!! These are my favorite dragons--now I want to pull out my set and use them! Love your shaker window; it's perfect for this card (and your friend!). Thanks for playing with Creative Moments.

Heather said...

I should have checked your challenge list when I was here before. Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.