My Lovely Followers

Thursday 1 February 2024

AAA Birthday challenge - DT card

Hello again friends, I'm back with my final card for today (I'm like buses and all my posts come together lol!).  

I'm sharing my DT card for this month's AAA Birthday challenge.  Our hostess this month is Jane D. and she has chosen 'hearts' as her theme.  I know it's very topical with Valentine's Day coming up but don't forget you have to make a birthday themed project for our challenge.   
Isn't that a yummy photo; I could eat those cookies right about now!  I went all rainbow again this month and fairly clean and simple - here is my card:
a closer look at the hearts:
and as always I decorated the inside:
I began by grabbing some card from my 'scraps bin' and cut some strips in rainbow colours.  I adhered them to some copy paper with double sided tape just to give them some extra stability.  I then added them to my white card panel (which was cut to 3 3/4" x 5") again with double sided tape.  I die cut the heart border 3 times from white card and stuck them together with liquid glue.  I like the extra dimension this gives and it always makes them sturdier.  I added the heart border to the strips with liquid glue.  The sentiment was from a pre-printed pack which I cut out with some sentiment strip dies (it was originally a longer sentiment that said 'sending love and hugs on your birthday' but I die cut it into 2 separate pieces and took out the hugs part).  The sentiments were also added with liquid glue over the heart border.  I saved a few of the solid hearts and arranged them around the heart border for some extra interest.  The white panel was then added to my card base with foam tape.  No extra bling as I didn't think it needed anything else.  For the inside I cut more strips, duplicating the same process as above, added them to my white card panel at the bottom and added more solid white hearts.  I stamped a sentiment in black ink and then adhered the panel onto my card base with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Pearly Sparkles challenge - love/have a heart
Scrapping 4 Fun challenge - ATG (3rd entry)
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - have a heart (2nd entry)
Snippets Playground challenge - use your snippets (I used pieces from my scrap bin to create my rainbow)

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their blogs.   Our guest designer for this month is Karen so please pop over and check out her gorgeous card too. 

I hope you will be able to join in with our challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed.  I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Simon Says Stamp - heart parade die
Creative Expressions - wordies sentiment sheet - birthday
MFT - inside & out birthday greetings (for inside my card)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card (for panels and card blank)
Versafine onyx black ink 
All coloured card from my scraps bin

7 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

You can never fault a good rainbow card. it's gorgeous!

Sarn said...

Hi Denise

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with this wonderfully colourful card full of hearts and snippets.

Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, come on up to the Playground Treehouse for a nice mug of hot choc with extra marshmallows on top!! Xxx

Mrs Duck said...

Hi Denise
What a lovely vibrant card. Love the border die.
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
Best wishes.
Ang

Di said...

Wow Denise - what a stunning snippets card - it's colourful and very stylish! Lovely work.

Hugs
Di xx

Wendy L said...

I love this design it looks fab and thanks for entering our challenge at MAWTT, xx

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge.
Ilonka DT

Larelyn said...

Wonderful design. Thanks for joining our Pearly Sparkles "Have a Heart" challenge.