My Lovely Followers

Thursday 1 February 2024

Just Us Girls challenge - guest designer

Good Morning lovely friends and welcome to February.  I have a busy day on my blog today; this is the first of 3 cards that I will be sharing with you!  I was honoured to be asked to be a guest designer for the Just Us Girls challenge for February and immediately said yes.  They have fun weekly challenges and I hope you will join in.  
They have set themes for each week so it is always easy to play along.  Here is the schedule:
Week 1. Color theme
Week 2. Word prompt
Week 3. Mood Board
Week 4. Anything Goes using a stencil
Week 5. Case a DT Member

Obviously I will only be sharing 4 cards with you (as I'm only a guest) but I will definitely playing along on Week 5 and casing a DT members card. 

So as it's Week 1 we have a colour theme for you to use; here is the graphic:
This is the perfect colour scheme for the upcoming Valentine celebration; however I wanted to make a card for a crafty friend, so used the colours as my starting point.  Here is my card:
a close look at my cute coffee cups:
plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting the sweet coffee cups from white card, the sleeve from pink card, the tops from black card and the hearts from red card.  I added the sleeve with foam squares and the top and hearts with liquid glue.  I also added crystal glaze onto the hearts for some extra shine.  I took a white card panel cut to 3 3/4" x 5" and ink blended some red ink into the centre and then using the same ink I stencilled some hearts over top.  I die cut the friend word from the red card and used a pre-printed sentiment which I die cut with a strip die.  I arranged the coffee cups in the centre of my card, added the strip sentiment overlapping them slightly and placed the friend word below (all were added with liquid glue).  The panel was then added to my card base with double sided tape.  For the inside I lightly blended the red ink at the very bottom of my panel and again stencilled the hearts over top.  I stamped the greeting in black ink and then adhered the panel into the card with double sided tape.  I kept the layers to a minimum as I knew I would be posting my card overseas.   I'm really happy with my card and think it turned out really cute.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS goes option Valentine's Day
Cardz for Galz challenge - red and/or pink hearts
Cut It Up challenge - this makes me happy (coffee makes me happy!)
Pearly Sparkles challenge - love/have a heart
Tic Tac Toe challenge - heart, red, die cut

I hope this colour scheme inspires you to create something for the challenge and I cannot wait to see what you make.  I will be back in a little while with another card so don't go too far away!

I really appreciate all your lovely comments and thank you so much for visiting me today. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Spellbinders - I dance die set (for coffee cups)
Spellbinders - sweet treat box die set (for stitched heart)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - friend word die
Creative Expressions - Wordies sentiment sheet - birthday
Simon Says Stamp - falling hearts stencil
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips die
Gina K Designs - cherry red ink cube
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
CC Designs - happy day stamp set (for inside greeting)

17 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
this is such a fabulous card and a very brilliant design also.
Love the coffee cups die must look into that die as I love my coffee.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenmny L DT

cm said...

Your crafty friend will be delighted to receive the wonderful coffee cups card you've created for her. They're so pretty, especially paired with all the charming hearts and sweet sentiment. Thrilled to have you as our February guest designer over at Just Us Girls!
~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Welcome to jugs! You’re starting off with a bang. I love this coffee card. Those coffee cups are so cute with the hearts.

ElizStewart said...

Denise... such a sweet card! Thrilled to have you guesting with us this month!

Carol said...

Welcome to JUGS Denise! We are so happy to have you as our guest! I immediately smiled when I saw your card! What a fun and pretty pair of coffee cups with those cute hearts! Your crafty friend will appreciate and love this card!!

Cardsbymaaike said...

gorgeous and perfect for a gf. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenge, we have a new one on Sunday, see you then?

Marcia Hill said...

A perfect card for a crafty friend AND a Valentine's Day card Denise, and you've used our challenge colors beautifully...thanks so much for sharing with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge! Marcia (DT)

kareN stampZ said...

Gosh you are enabling me again, I want coffee cups dies in my stash now! I love everything about this card from the lightly blended background with wee hearts stenciled on it, to the fab fun coffee cups. Thanks for sharing and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Denise:
I'd LOVE to have you come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly with AWESOME prizes from our generous sponsors. I'd love to see your art shared in our gallery. Hope to see you there.
Karen L, Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - COME JOIN US

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those coffee cups are so cute and perfect for your crafty friend! I love how you inked and stenciled the background. Welcome to JUGS, you are off to a great start with this awesome card!

Ina G said...

Love the background you created for the pretty heart coffee mugs. Such a lovely layout Denise. Welcome to Guesting with us at Jugs.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this wonderful card, Denise. Love the blended background with the hearts stencil. Such a great stage for the coffee cups. Such a great base for so many different kinds of cards. Love it. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls Challenge.

Ina G said...

So glad you shared your lovely card over at Cut It Up Denise.

Bobby said...

I love the background you made to show off your cute coffee cups, Denise. I'm so glad you said yes to being our guest.

Larelyn said...

Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "This Makes Me Happy" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

ClaireB said...

Great card, particularly for a crafty friend, such an usual design with the coffee cups. Thanks for joining us this month for the Love/Have a heart challenge at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Claire DT

Larelyn said...

Love the design. Thanks for joining our Pearly Sparkles "Have a Heart" challenge.