My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 31 January 2024

2024 Crafty Kickoff IG Card Hop - Week 3

Hello friends and happy Hump Day.  I hope you've all had a great week so far.  I'm back to share my card for this week's Crafty Kickoff IG Card Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. Each Wednesday we will shared a themed card and this week's theme is a colour challenge:
What a fun colour palette to work with.  Even though the image is of a winter scene you don't have to make a winter card or even include a bird, just be inspired by the colours.  Here is my card:
A close up look for you:
I decorated the inside:
I was inspired to use the red, orange and green colours from the graphic and went very geometric and clean and simple on my card.  I began by cutting a white card panel 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped the images randomly in the upper centre of my panel using the 3 colours I had chosen.  I've had this stamp set for years but this is the first time I've used it and I love it, so will definitely be pulling it out again.  I then simply stamped a black sentiment within the triangle pattern. I attached the card panel onto my card base with foam tape for some dimension as there was no other bulk on my card. For the inside I cut the same size card panel, stamped my sentiment in black ink and added 3 triangles, one in each of the colours, in the bottom left.  This panel was added to my card blank with double sided tape.   I think this was the fastest card I have ever made (once I'd faffed about thinking where to place my triangles).  I love the colours together and I think it would be a great card for anyone.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - Anything CAS goes optional twist Valentine
Allsorts challenge - anything but square
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option make me smile
NBUS challenge - first time using this very old stamp set
Seize the Birthday challenge - no topping this time

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024CraftyKickoffIGCardHop to find the hop and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I've got lots of cards to share with you tomorrow so please pop by and check them out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Altenew - Sohcahtoa stamp set (retired)
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - jelly bean green, red hot, sweet mango
Versafine - onyx black ink (for sentiments)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card (for card base and panels)

8 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Feeling sad I don't have a fantastic triangle set like that, what a fab CAS card Denise, I love it. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards this week and we hope to catch you again soon.

KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous and what a shame that set from Altenew is retired, I kinda need it now ;-) Gorgeous. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges, we have a new one on Sunday, so wee you then?

Darnell said...

Very sharp, Denise! I love the clean and simple graphic design outside and inside. Great use of the colors! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

Beautifully done, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Liz said...

Love this CAS design, Denise. Super card. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week, using the Anything but Square option.
Liz xx

Chris said...

It's a fabulous clean and contemporary card, love the triangles and colours.
Thank you for joining us at crafty Catz.
Chris
x

Mervi said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

JulieP said...

I am really enjoying the modern look to your design. I think I have these same stamps...sadly, long forgotten however I'm gonna dig them out. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for playing with us at Seize The Birthday!