My Lovely Followers

Thursday 25 January 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge - All Occasions

Hello and happy Thursday lovely friends.  I hope you're having a great week.  I'm here today to share my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are on week 4 which is always 'All Occasions' i.e. birthday, sympathy, new baby, Valentine's, the world's your oyster lol!
I made this card for a crafty friend who had her birthday recently and was inspired by a technique I saw by Gina K Designs.  Here is my card:
A closer look:
Of course I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 3 3 /4" x 5" and used a circle stencil to mask the area I wanted to ink blend.  I used an orange for my sky and a light green for my grass.  I went over my ink blending with a cloud stencil using the same orange ink but with a slightly heavier hand and a grass stencil using a slightly darker green ink.  I did go over the clouds with a pink ink but I don't think I added enough as you can't really see it.  I removed the stencils and stamped the silhouette image in black ink using my Misti tool.  I also stamped my sentiment below the image and a small butterfly to the upper left side.  I added the panel onto a black card mat with double sided tape and this was also added to my card base with double sided tape.  A few black pearls and my card was complete.  For the inside I cut the same size panels and on the white panel I stamped my sentiment in black ink and added a portion of the silhouette stamp in the lower left corner.  I blended some of the orange ink around it for some added interest.  Again I matted the panels with double sided tape and again adhered it to the card base with double sided tape.  A very calm and elegant card which I think would also be suitable as a sympathy card by changing out the sentiment. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS challenge - sky (I stencilled my sky)
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils (I used a cloud and grass stencil)
As You Like It challenge - What's your fave: pearls or gems and why (I like both but mostly grab for my pearls as they are great for all types of cards
Inkspirational challenge - use stencils (I used a cloud and grass stencil)
Just Us Girls challenge - ATG stencil week (I used a cloud and grass stencil)
Make My Monday challenge - happy birthday
Triple B challenge - must have either birds, blooms or butterflies (I have silhouette blooms and a butterfly)

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'All Occasions' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori and also our guest designer for January, Helen.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - Natural Silhouettes stamp
Gina K Designs - Spring Mountain stamp (for butterfly)
Gina K Designs - Birthday Cheer stamp (for inside sentiment)
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
Taylored Expressions - masking circles stencil
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card (for panels and card blank)
Versafine - onyx black ink

13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cool use of the stencils in the focal circle! Well done. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Billie A said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the scene, colors and all in the circle. Very nicely done. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday

Pia S said...

This is a great card design and inspiration for using stencils and making different kind of sceneries. Lovely! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Inkspirational.

Darlene said...

WOW what an awesome card Denise! LOVE the scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! (Don't forget about our Stencil Fun Challenge ... link below) Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH Denise! This is absolutely GORGEOUS...you've inspired me - I'm going to try this sometime! Have a wonderful week xoxoxo

Leanne said...

Love the colors and the simplicity and yet so pretty, awesome card friend! Cheers, L

Ina G said...

You sure have the wow factor here Denise with those bold clouds, greenery and simple silhouette stamping. Thanks for adding your lovely stenciled card to our JUGS gallery. Looking forward to seeing more of your work again soon.

Helen said...

Beautiful card Denise - those stencils are so effective.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Chick again this week.

Helen x

Nancy said...

Oh my! Your ink blended sky and field are so perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!!

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the background and that you have stamped on the inside. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Jaydee said...

What a gorgeous background and fabulous CAS card. So glad you shared this with us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

Helen x
DT

foleysfriend said...

So pretty! I love that you stenciled with the same color, just a heavier hand for the sky and grass. The contrast between the colors and the black silhouettes and sentiments is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.