My Lovely Followers

Saturday 6 January 2024

My sister got married!

Hello crafty friends; I hope you're having a great weekend so far.  It's actually been quite a nice day today here in South Wales; chilly but at least it's been dry.  We've had so much rain here over the past few weeks, it makes such a difference to see some blue sky.  

Just before Christmas my sister (and now brother in law) decided to get married, completely unexpectedly, after being together for 36 years.  It was all arranged within a week as she didn't want any fuss and apart from my mother and his parents and friends of theirs who were also getting married, no-one else attended.  It was a quick registry office ceremony and then out for lunch.  She looked beautiful and my BIL scrubbed up quite well too.
I had to mark the occasion with a card and this is what I made:

I decorated the inside:
I began by embossing a white panel with a heart embossing folder and then mat that onto some gold mirri card.  I die cut the letters and ampersand from the same gold mirri card and the flowers and leaves from coloured card stock.  The sentiment was stamped with versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder and cut out with a stitched die.  I arranged all the die cuts and added them with liquid glue and then the sentiment was added on top with foam squares.  I didn't add any embellishments as there was lots of shiny gold on my card already.  For the inside I die cut an extra flower and some leaves and adhered them to the lower left corner.  A simple sentiment stamped in black ink and again the panel was matted onto the gold mirri card.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - mood board or ATG
Alphabet challenge - T is for texture (embossing folder)
Can You Handle the Pressure challenge - Must use an embossing folder - option winter
Craft Rocket challenge - use embossing (embossing folder and heat embossing)
Creative Knockouts challenge - celebrations (10 challenges max)
Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - a new start (newly married)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - something new (newly married)
Time Out challenge - new (newly married)

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - on the inside stamp set (for the greeting on the front)
Gina K Designs - succulent spray stamp set (for inside greeting)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Gold mirri card and coloured card from my stash
Versamark ink pad
Versafine onyx black ink pad


7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

What a stunning card to celebrate their union, Denise. Thanks so much for sharing this. I saw it over on the Time Out Challenge Blog and wanted to come by for a closer look. It's lovely. I would absolutely LOVE to have you come by and share your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome sponsors/prizes. I really hope you will come play along with us. Happy crafting!
Karen L, Owner
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Dena J said...

A very beautiful card for your sister's ceremony, Denise! I need a card for next week and this has inspired me. Love how you used the ampersand. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful card for a wonderful occasion, I bet after 36 years it was an exciting surprise! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card to mark this special occasion. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Cazro said...

What a wonderful surprise for everyone. A celebration of long-lasting love. I adore the card you made for them, it fits in so well for our challenge. Congratulations to the happy couple. Thanks for joining is at Alphabet Challenges. Caz.DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card for happy couple!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!
DT Mervi

Kate said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card to mark this lovely occasion and perfect sentiment inside - it certainly looks like they enjoyed their special day! Thanks for taking some Time Out to play cards with us Time Out Challenges (though you did enter a few too many others challenges oops)!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!