My Lovely Followers

Thursday 4 January 2024

Krafty Chicks Design Team card

Good morning friends, I have some exciting news to share with you today.  I am delighted and honoured to be joining the talented team over at Krafty Chicks challenge!  Today I am sharing my first card as a fully fledged chick in the hen house.  The themes are on a rotation so you always know what is coming up:

Week 1

Stamps (must have a stamp/digi image on card/project)


Week 2

Christmas (must have something with Christmas on it)


Week 3

CAS (Clean and Simple)


Week 4

All Occasions (Easter, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's, etc.)


Week 5

When there are five Thursday's in the month,

Anything Goes


As we are on Week 1 this week the theme is 'Stamps' so we want to see some stamping on your card.  I went clean and simple again (I don't know what is happening to me lol) and here is my card:



A close up of the cute image:


I did a little ink blending on the inside to match the outside:


I began by stamping the cute critter and coloured him with a mix of Promarkers and Tri-blend markers and used the matching die to cut him out.  I also added some white highlights with a gel pen.  I cut a panel of white card 3 3/4" x 5" and ink blended some teal ink into the centre; for some added interest I also used a confetti stencil using the same ink but with a heavier hand.  I cut a mat panel from teal card and added the white panel with double sided tape.  I added my cute fox with foam squares to just slightly above the centre of the card and stamped the sentiment in black ink below him.  No embellishments at all but I think it looks cute just as it is.  For the inside I cut another white panel the same as the front and stamped a sentiment in the centre.  I added some light ink blending over and slightly extending out from the sentiment in the same teal ink.  Again matted the white panel onto a teal panel and adhered it to my card with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments challenge - make your own background and/or birthday + sentiment
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Stencil Fun challenge - Must use a stencil optional birds

I hope you will be able to join us over at Krafty Chicks and I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations.   Check out the blog for all the rules and to see the amazing cards from the very talented design team - Leanne, Diane and Lori.  Helen is our guest designer for January so please leave her some love too.  

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,
Card ingredients:
MFT - sending sweet celebration wishes stamp & die
MFT - card sized confetti stencil set
Promarkers & Spectrum Noir Tri-blend markers
Gina K Designs - tranquil teal ink pad
Altenew - lagoon card stock
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card

9 comments:

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Fabulous birthday card Denise! Your critter is beautifully coloured and so adorable. Welcome to the Krafty Chicks Hen House as our new creator on the Design Team.
Have an amazing week!
Diane

Leanne said...

Love the card, great little friend, and super excited to have you with us Welcome to Krafty Chicks, look forward to creating sharing, and learning. Have a great day! Cheers, Leanne

Fiona said...

Congratulations on joining Krafty Chicks. What a great team to be part of - I enjoyed being Guest Chick last month. Love your sweet card and the choice of colours. Just saying hi from a fellow Welshy near Llandeilo.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, what a lovely card, congrats on the DT Post. Hope alls well, Hazel xx

Helen said...

Congratulations on your new DT spot, Denise - very well deserved.

Your card is so cute!

Thanks so much for having me as a Guest Chick again this month.

Helen x

Lori Turner said...

WELCOME TO THE HEN HOUSE, DENISE!!! :) I am so excited to have you join us - and with such a stunner card ta boot!! SO CUTE!!! xooxox

lichazul said...

Cute super cute card 🤩 congrats
Happy day

Billie A said...

Oh so cute. I love little critters and he's darling. Love the soft background. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments

crafty said...

Adorable cute card. Thank you for joining in at Aud Sentiments.
Mary