My Lovely Followers

Monday 1 January 2024

AAA Birthday challenge - DT card

Hello friends and happy 1st January.  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Santa brought you everything you asked for.  We had a lovely Christmas dinner with my sister's family and my mother but apart from that it was a quiet time at home with my grown up sons.  Not too much fuss this year as they are older but it was lovely to spend time with them.   Well after all the build up it came and went super fast again this year and we are into a brand new year....have you made any resolutions?  I haven't, except for trying to be a better blogger (same as always) and make more cards.  We'll see how that goes!  

Anyway enough waffling I'm here to share my first card of 2024 and my DT card for this month's AAA Birthday challenge.  This month is Kati's choice and she went for rainbows or rainbow colours.  
I needed a card in a hurry and was in the middle of a last minute Christmas card panic making session so my card is super CAS but I think it turned out ok.  Here is my card:

I didn't have time to decorate the inside this time as I needed to catch the post, so no photo sorry!

I began by cutting a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped 3 flowers, equally spaced apart.  I then stamped the 2 small butterflies on either side.  I coloured them all with Promarkers in rainbow colours and added some white highlights with a gel pen.  To finish off I stamped a simple happy birthday sentiment below the flowers in black ink.  I matted the white panel onto a black panel using double sided tape and then this was adhered to the card blank again with double sided tape.  A very CAS card with no dimension at all - I must have been feeling ill lol!  Like I say not my usual style but I ended up liking it a lot.  

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their blogs.   Our guest designer for this month is Janet so please pop over and check out her gorgeous card too.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments challenge - make your own background and/or birthday + sentiment
Stamping Sensations challenge - favourite colours (I love rainbow colour schemes)

I hope you will be able to join in with our challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed.  I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:

Gina K Designs - Hello sunshine mini (can't find it on the site)
Gina K Designs - So many sentiments
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card

6 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Such a clever use of the rainbow cue

brenda said...

A very pretty floral CAS card and the rainbow colours come through nicely, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Linby said...

This is so sweet and a lovely CAS design. Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

pinky said...

Denise your card is so pretty and cheerful, I love it. Thanks for taking time to join us at Stamping Sensations!!
Pinky

Helen said...

Beautiful CAS design and a great idea for the theme.

Helen x

cass said...

Pretty CAS card, thanks for joining us at The Pearly Sparkles challenge for January.