My Lovely Followers

Monday 8 January 2024

Card for a sweet friend

Happy Monday friends; I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I was lucky enough to go to see Aladdin the show at Cardiff's Millennium Centre on Friday night with my mother, sister, niece and friends and it was amazing.  I have to admit I've never seen the Disney movies, although knew a few songs, so it was lovely to finally see it in live action.  The actors were amazing and the costumes were beautiful.  I would recommend you catching it if you get a chance. 

I'm sharing a card I made a little while ago but forgot to share.  My mother wanted a card for a special friend so this is what I made:
A close up of the flowers:
I decorated the inside:
and also the envelope:
I began by die cutting the flowers and used the matching stencils to colours them (my colour inspiration was from a Gina K Designs video I saw and loved).  I cut a white panel 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and used a stencil and some light grey ink to give some interest to my background.  I cut a green panel 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" and matted them together with double sided tape.  I die cut a white stitched circle and stamped the main sentiment in black and added a sub sentiment (cut with a sentiment strip) stamped in tomato soup ink.  I also die cut a plain layering circle from the green card and adhered them with double sided tape.  I arranged my flowers and added them with liquid glue and the circle was added with foam squares.  The smaller bud flowers were added onto the circle with foam squares also.  Finally I added some black pearls as a finishing touch.  The card size is 5" x 7".  I had some extra flowers so added one onto the envelope in the bottom left corner.  For the inside I stamped a sentiment in black ink and added a small piece of the stencilled background at the bottom of the panel.  I matted this onto a green card panel (same sizes as the front of my card).  To add some definition between the white card and the stencilled piece I added a thin strip of the green card.  My mother loved the card and so did her friend; I hope you do too.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Creative Knockouts challenge - celebrations (10 challenges max)
Cut It Up challenge - ATG but must include a die cut
Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Double D challenges - any birthday and/or anniversary
Stencil Fun challenge- must use stencils - option feed the birds
Triple B challenge - must use birds, blooms or butterflies

I'll hopefully be back tomorrow or Wednesday with another card for you.  I appreciate you stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - fancy florals stencil bundle (now available individually)
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 8 (for circle dies)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
green card from stash
Versafine onyx black ink

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is a pretty, pretty card outside and in! A lovely sentiment for a friend. I know your mother was very happy to give it to her friend. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors and layout of your design. The lightly stenciled background really adds to it also. The inside sentiment is a great friend stamp. TFS

Diane said...

A gorgeous card, beautifully designed!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun, Double D and Triple B!
Diane SF, DD TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Mrs A. said...

Pretty flowers and colouring and I like how you have decorated the envelope too. Hugs Mrs A.

Silke said...

Such a beautiful card. Love your awesome colouring and design. Many thanks for joining uns at Creative Friday.
Hugs, Silke

sidan said...

Wunderschön. Schöne Farben und eine super Karte, außen wie innen. Schöne Gestaltung und sogar mit Briefumschlag. Mein Favorite.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday!