My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 10 January 2024

Hubby's Christmas card

I hope you are all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's flipping freezing here today and has been all week; plus it's been really windy, which is not a good combination.  Luckily I didn't have to go anywhere today so could stay inside and craft lol!  

I've got quite a few Christmas cards that I haven't shared with you yet so I thought today I would start with the card I made for my husband.  I was inspired by a card I saw from Mindy Eggen, although mine is not as good as hers.  Here is my card:
A closer look at my scene:
I decorated the inside:
plus I stamped the envelope:
I loved Mindy's card as soon as I saw it so followed along with her video using the same ink colours etc.  I began by stamping the row of houses in versamark and embossing with clear embossing powder.  I then ink blended the background using 3 different ink colours.  I stamped the trees in a mid grey ink behind the houses.  I'm not sure why but my embossing didn't resist the colour as well as Mindy's but I did use a clear gloss powder so not sure if that has something to do with it.  I splattered some water droplets onto the background and also added white gauche to replicate snow.  I took a white panel and cut it with a stitched hill die and then stamped my sentiment in black ink and adhered this over the bottom of my houses to create a snow bank.  The panel was then adhered to a black mat panel and this was added to my card base with foam tape.  No fussy embellishments as I loved it as it was.  The finished card size is 5" x 7".  For the inside I stamped my sentiment in black ink onto a white card panel and stamped a row of the trees at the bottom in the same mid grey ink.  This was then adhered to a black panel and added to my card with double sided tape.  I also stamped the trees again onto my envelope.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Get Creative challenge - snow much fun
Inspiration Station challenge - inspiration photo (I was inspired by the scene and colours)
Inspired By challenge - inspired by snowman (I was inspired by the colours)

I really appreciate you stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with my DT card for the Krafty Chicks challenge.  Have a great evening. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - Winter whimsy stamp
Gina K Designs - ink pads - turquoise sea, tranquil teal, plum punch, stormy sky
LOTV - Christmas greetings A5 stamp set (for inside sentiment)
LOTV - Snow globes A5 stamp set (for Merry Christmas sentiment)
Stampin' Up - family party stamp set (bought from another crafter)
Lawn Fawn - stitched hillside borders die
Versamark ink pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful snowy scene, gorgeous card and matching envelope..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Alexandra Y said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colours! Thank you for joining us this month at the Inspiration Station Challenge!

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

Oh wow! This is just stunning. I love the deep moody sky with the clean white snow and houses. Well done! Thank you so much for sharing at Colorful Options!

Best,
Sara Lihz

Mrs.B said...

A great card.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a beautiful card your coloring is amazing and creates such a beautiful scene. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Colorful Options.

Marie