My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 January 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge - 'Christmas'

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a great week so far.  I cannot believe we are at Thursday already or that one week of January is already behind us!

I'm back with my 2nd DT card for the Krafty Chicks challenge and this week is all about Christmas.  As long as your creation is holiday or Christmas themed then you're all set.  I was really chasing my tail and making last minute Christmas cards last year so hopefully these challenges will give me a head start this year.  Here is my card:
A closer look:


I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting the peace, love & joy cover plate from white card which I then die cut from a stitched rectangle die.  I also die cut a scalloped rectangle die from kraft card and layered them together with liquid glue.  I added the centres of the O's, A and P with liquid glue as I don't think they look finished without the middles!  I added the panel to my card base with foam squares.  I used a pre-printed sentiment which I die cut with a sentiment strip die and remembered that it could be foiled so using my minc machine and the gold foil that came with it foiled the sentiment which I thought looked great with the kraft card.  Finally I added some gold pearls for some extra bling.  On the inside I used the same rectangle dies and cut a white panel and kraft card panel and adhered them with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in kraft ink and also a small image above.  Again added to the card base with liquid glue.  A fairly clean and simple card again but I think it's elegant and beautiful (even if I say so myself).  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Daisy Chain challenge- no design paper
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - new and/or let's celebrate

I hope you will be able to join us for our Christmas challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori and also our guest designer for January, Helen.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 






Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 4 (for scallop edge rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 2 (for stitched rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - winter cheer sentiment strips
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips dies
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card (for panels and card base)
kraft card from stash

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful using kraft card. Hugs Mrs a.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Elegant creation Denise! Great use of the big bold sentiment die as the focal element on the card front and a great touch with the gold foil! Stunning!

Leanne said...

Wonderful great bold sentiment love it and nice scallop around the edge. I also like seeing the inside done too Have a great day cheers, L

Helen said...

Great design - love the word die you've used.

Thanks for having me as your Guest Chick again this week.

Helen x

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Denise, and would fit in so well over at our current Christmas Kickstart Challenge called The Midas Touch, Jo x

Silke said...

An other awesome card. So beautiful. Many thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.
Hugs, Silke

cass said...

Lovely Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our CAS challenge

sidan said...

Auch diese Karte ist sehr schön mit guter Botschaft. Die goldenen Halbperlen machen die Karte edel.
Danke für eine weitere Karte bei creative friday!