My Lovely Followers

Monday 15 January 2024

Another Christmas card

Hello friends and welcome to a brand new week.  It's very cold and frosty here today; I hope you are keeping warm where you are.  I know some parts of the country are having lots of snow this week but I don't think we will be getting any, thank goodness.  

I thought as the weather is so chilly it would be the perfect time to share another Christmas card; this time one that I made for my son.  It was a lot of die-cutting but I think it turned out cute.  Here is my card:
A closer look:

I decorated the inside:
For my son's card I used a new-to-me die set from Spellbinders.  I die cut all the separate elements and adhered them with liquid glue (a little fiddly but not too bad).  I stamped my sentiment directly onto the stocking with black ink.  I took a piece of white card 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and used an embossing folder for some subtle interest.  I mat the white panel onto a red panel which was cut to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" with double sided tape; this was then added to my card base with double sided tape.  I'm terrible at arranging things on my cards so you can imagine how long it took for me to decide on a layout!!  I added the stocking with foam tape and tucked the leaves and candy cane behind with liquid glue.  The gingerbread man and gnome were added with foam squares.  I added a few sequins around the stocking for a finishing touch.  For the inside I cut the same size panels in white and red, stamped my sentiment in black ink and added a die cut holly to the bottom left corner.  The panel was adhered with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - make you own background (EF)
Can You Handle the Pressure challenge - ATG embossing option snow people
Cardz 4 Guyz challenge - use something new in your stash (die set)
Craft Rocket challenge - use embossing
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG optional twist no design paper
Creative Friday challenge - ATG (entry 3 of 3)
Cut It Up challenge - a new year (new die set)
Moving Along With the Times challenge - new craft item (die set)
My Time to Craft challenge - Something new in your stash (die set)

Have a great start to your week and stay warm.  I really appreciate you stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Spellbinders - Stocking full of joy
Stampin' Up! - family party stamp set (retired)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
red card from stash
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Den, he'll love it! Jo x

Ellibelle said...

This is so wonderful, Denise. A beautifully filled stocking and great embossed background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

María said...

This card is gorgeous. That white background with the texture is perfect for all those die cuts, and that set is super fun. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

Judy Woodland said...

How simply adorable. All those die cuts are labor intensive, but so worth it!!! Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

Silke said...

Such a beautiful and festive card. Love your design and the embossing background. Many thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.
Hugs, Silke

Amy O said...

These die-cuts are so fun! What a fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linby said...

What a fabulous and colourful design. Just love all the items spilling out of the personalised stocking. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
oh what a fabulous card and such a brill design also.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Larelyn said...

Oh, I love this! The little gnome is so cute. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Mrs Duck said...

Hi Denise
Love both of your festive makes.
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT January Challenge.
Ang 😊

Kathy said...

Denise, Wow, this card is exceptionally beautiful...all the details are amazing. I love how it comes just exudes joy. Smiles, Kathy

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Getting a jump on 2024 Christmas cards. Always a great idea, Denise. Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us this round at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Dawn Phillips said...

That's such a lovely card. Super cute and perfect for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Aunty Sue said...

Loving all the elements to this fabulous Christmas card Denise and thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty catz

sidan said...

Auch diese Karte ist wunderschön geworden. Super Stanzen, die du zu einem schönen Motiv zusammen gesetzt hast.
Danke für deinen Beitrag bei Creative Friday!