My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 17 January 2024

2024 Crafty Kickoff IG Card Hop - Week 1

Hello again friends and Happy Hump Day.  I'm joining in with a new Instagram Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly called 2024 Crafty Kickoff and each Wednesday we will share a themed card inspired by the New Year.  This week's theme is 'what's new to you'.   
You can interpret this theme any way you like; whatever inspires you.  I went literal and used a new background stamp that I got recently as the starting point.  Here is my card:  

A closer look:

I decorated the inside:

I also decorated the envelope:

I began by stamping the background stamp twice with navy ink onto white card to make a panel for my card.  I ink blended the same navy ink all over so that the white parts became a lighter blue.  I die cut a circle from the upper centre and added acetate behind so that I could create a shaker window.  I die cut some lighter blue card using the same circle die and one size larger to make a frame for my shaker window.  I added this with liquid glue.  I added foam tape behind my panel and around the window, poured clear sequins onto my card base and removed the foam tape backing and placed it over my sequins to seal them in.  I stamped and coloured a cute bunny image using my Promarkers, added some white highlights with a gel pen and fussy cut him out.  I added him to the bottom right of the shaker window with foam squares.  I used the same light blue card and stamped my sentiment in navy ink and die cut it with a banner die; I also added this to the panel with foam squares.  I added a few more sequins to the front of the card for some extra bling.  

For the inside I cut a white panel and stamped a sentiment in navy ink.  As I had some spare background pieces (as I did a test run before making my card) I added a thin strip at the top and bottom of the panel.  This was added to my card base with double sided tape.   I also decorated the envelope with the extra background pieces.  

I love making shaker cards and don't know why I don't do it more often.  I could have put a few more sequins in my shaker but it shakes and looks ok so no worries.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - make your own background
CRAFT challenge - new (new BG stamp)
Cardz for Guyz challenge - something new from stash (BG stamp)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG include an animal
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG optional twist - no design paper
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - use something new (BG stamp)
Make My Monday challenge - happy birthday
My Time To Craft challenge - something new in your stash (BG stamp)
Sweet Stampin' challenge - what's new with you? (BG stamp)
We Love Stamping challenge - something new (BG stamp)

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024CraftyKickoffIGCardHop to find the hop and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
MFT - Sending sweet celebration wishes stamp set
MFT - Old friends stamp set (for HB sentiment)
MFT - Blueprints 27 (for banner die)
Gina K Designs - Birthday cheer (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - In the navy ink pad
Little Things From Lucy's Cards - sprinkles - crystal circles

18 comments:

Larelyn said...

So cute and I love the color choices. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up challenge. Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I recognize the beautiful Uniko background stamp, such fabulous effect with the tone on tone blending, the circular shaker and hat cute bunny!! It's a stunning card, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!
Love how you decorated the inside and the envelope too!

Carrianne said...

Love your shaker card!! The colors and that sweet bunny. Love the paper design! I've never made a shaker card before...always wanted to and I don't know why I haven't. You have inspired me to give it a shot so thank you. I didn't see anything posted from Kelly but I haven't been on IG too much today. I am going to take a peek and join the Hop so, thank you again. Have a wonderful day. I hope you share with us again at Cut It Up!

Becca Sadler said...

Wow, Denise! A very bold and dramatic setting for the delicate bunny! Festive! And it's always fun to have some new supplies to revitalize older items/favorites! Thanks for sharing with MTTC! --Becca

Becca Sadler said...

P.S. This month I started a new challenge blog with its monthly theme always being a broad 'anything food goes'! Check it out! January 2-31 is the time period for the 1st competition at FarmQuest HomeStyle Kitchen Challenges blog! --Becca

Chris said...

Your new background stamp is very striking , love the shaker element and cute bunny, a fabulous birthday card.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work at Sweet Stampin', Fab'n'Funky and Crafty Catz Challenges.
Chris
DT

Dena J said...

Fantastic stamped and blended panel for your shaker! An eye-catching and fun card. I love the crisp white against the navy - a perfect design for this. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Mervi said...

Stunning and cute card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and at We Love Stamping.
DT Mervi

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your fabulous shaker card!A lovely card for Try It On Tuesday, thanks for sharing , Chrisx

Sarah said...

That's an amazing stamped background. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at Allsorts. Sarah

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute and I love that background. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Furrbster said...

Your little rabbit is adorable and that background is really trendy too

Thanks for playing along with us at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Pat said...

Lovely card with a cute image and great design, thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Cindy Groh said...

Love it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gerda said...

What a super cute card!! Love the adorable image and the pretty background stamp you used!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Ina G said...

Such a cute and adorable creative card Denise. Love the cute birthday bunny and now I am craving a frosted cupcake. Thanks for adding to the Cut It Up Gallery.

Billie A said...

Awesome shaker card. Darling image. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday, Crafty catz, Cardz 4 guyz

baileyrosy.com said...

I do love a shaker card and this is no exception. I love that stamped background with amazing colours and perfect for our challenge at Colorful Options. Thank you so much for playing along.

Marie