My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 12 July 2023

Summer Crush Wednesday week 5

Hello again friends; I'm back as promised with this week's card for Week 4 of the Summer Crush Wednesday IG hop organised by my good friend Kelly.  The hop will run for 6 weeks (this is week 5) and we will have some fun themes and even some techniques I've never tried before!  If you would like to join us just use the hashtag #scwcardhop23 and we will find you (you can also see all the other participants of the hop using this hashtag).  This week is 'tropical vibes' so think bright colours, lush vegetation and hot temperatures!  


Here is my tropical card:


a few different views of my fun fold:



For my card this week I decided to make a double dutch fold card that I had seen on another crafters blog (you can see her card here).  I followed this tutorial that I found when I did a google search.   I began by stamping the toucans, leaves and branch and coloured them with Promarkers; I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I then followed the tutorial and made my card base using white card.  I found this tropical looking paper pad in my stash so cut all the layers with that and also decided to go with pink mat layers behind which matched the pink flowers.  I die cut a pink frame for the front panel of the card and placed a white panel behind it for my images to stand on.  Onto this white panel I stamped some leaves using the second generation stamping technique for a softer effect.  I stamped the sentiment at the bottom and added the branch, 2 leaves and a toucan above.  I also added a toucan, a leaf and a secondary sentiment on the inside.  It's a fun card shape but not one I think I will make a lot of.  Plus it was really hard to photograph lol!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Creative Knockouts challenge - finish the inside
Triple B challenge - birds, blooms or butterflies
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG feature a critter

Please pop over to Instagram to see what the other participants of the hop have created; and we cannot wait to see what you make.  Don't forget to pop back again next week for the final week of our summer fun crafting.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 




Card ingredients:

Time for Tea Designs - toucan do this (? retired)
Time for Tea Designs - A2 nesting frame die set
Gina K Designs - so many sentiments (for the inside sentiment)
Promarkers
Primark paper pad (must have been a gift as don't remember buying it)
Versafine onyx black ink pad
Memento tuxedo black ink pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card


2 comments:

Diane said...

A fabulously created fun fold card, love it!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons and Triple B!
Diane FS and TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

jaybea said...

Great card the fold you have used is brilliant to show everything off.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts