My Lovely Followers

Friday 14 July 2023

Shark week part 2 IG hop

Hello friends; I hope your Friday has been fantastic so far.  The weather here in South Wales has been decidedly un-summery today; we've had torrential rain all day.  I've been happily watching the Wimbledon men's semi-finals so I didn't mind lol!

I have another card for Shark Week again this hop is organised by my good friend Kelly and today we have been given a prize by Newton's Nook to give away to one lucky winner.  


Everyone who leaves a comment on the hop will be in the running the win the prize so pop over to my Instagram and follow along the hop.  Luckily I had another shark image so here is my card for the shark hop no.2:


and a close up of my happy shark:



I stamped the cute shark image and coloured him with Promarkers, I cut him out with the matching die and put him to one side.  I used a fab piece of 12 x 12 patterned paper, which I thought looked a bit like waves and cut a panel 3 3/4" x 5".  I also cut a smaller piece the same width and about 2" tall but fussy cut along the 'wave' so that I could place my shark behind it.  I placed the panel onto a navy card cut to 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped some little fish at the top to create a scene.  I added my fussy cut piece at the bottom with foam squares and then tucked my shark behind, also popped up on foam tape.  The sentiment was white heat embossed onto the navy card and cut with a banner die with a flag only on one side and this was placed at the top right corner of the card.  I didn't feel I needed to add any embellishments as the paper was quite busy.  A really fun card, I hope you agree!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Critter Crazy - ATG feature a critter (not sure if a shark would be considered a critter - delete me if not allowed)
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Dream Valley challenge - dies and/or punches

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend. 

Love and hugs,  



Card ingredients:

Promarkers
The Works - fresh feeling 12 x 12 paper pad
MFT - blueprints 27 (for banner die)


6 comments:

Heather said...

Denise, this is so fabulous, and what fun to celebrate shark week, lol. Love that paper, of course, but your shark is the most cheerful I have ever seen - just perfect! This card SO made me smile, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Lee said...

OMGosh this is incredible!! What a fabulous shark and your design is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE the fun shark and your "sea" is fantastic. hank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Inkyfingers said...

Oh my, this is so much fun! I love your happy shark although I wouldn't want to run into him lol! The background paper is perfect for your scene too!
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Sasha said...

Your shark is just too cute! Amazing job colouring and I love all the colours in the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations, have a great day!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

creationsnz said...

Of course a shark is a critter - what a scary-fun card. Thanks for swimming along to Critter Crazy with your shark, CarolG.