My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 19 July 2023

Summer Crush Wednesday IG Hop week 6

Hello friends; I hope you are having a great day.  Today is the final week of our Summer Crush Wednesday IG hop 😢 organised by my good friend Kelly.  We have had lots of fun over the last 6 weeks using themes and techniques to hopefully inspire you to get involved.  Please hop along for one more time and this week our theme is 'sail-abrate'!  For this week we want to see all your boat themed projects such as boats, canoes, rafts, cruise ships, pirate ships etc.  Don't forget to use the hashtag  #scwcardhop23 to find all our projects and for us to find yours.  


Here is my boat themed card:


a close up of my super cute 'crew':


For my card this week I decided to try making a rocker card.  I've seen a few of them in blogland and wanted to try and make mine into a boat.  Most of it was trial and error and lots of trimming and re-cutting but I'm super happy with the finished result.  Most of the card was made with scraps from my scrap bin except from the rocker part which was cut with a large circle die.  I wanted some cute critters to 'crew' my boat so stamped and coloured these 2 cuties with my Promarkers and I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I wanted the back of my boat to look tidy so I backed my critters with plain white die cuts on the back.  I used 2 embossing folders - a wood-grain one for the bottom of the boat and a striped one for the sails.  I hand cut my anchor and coloured it with a black marker and used a scallop border die to resemble the waves.  Not sure about the sentiment, I thought it was funny because it was a rocker card, but now I'm not so sure; I may change it before I send it to someone 😃.  I do have a video of the card rocking but can't seem to add it to my post at the moment.  I may just add it to my stories on IG if I can't add it here.  A few clear raindrops and my card is finished.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

My Time To Craft challenge - summertime waterplay 
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Colorful Options challenge - red, white and blue (I've used white and blue plus neutrals)

Please pop over to IG to see what the other participants of the hop have created; and we cannot wait to see your sail-abrate creations.  Thanks for joining in for the last 6 weeks, it been a fun time stretching our supplies and using our imagination to come up with some fun cards. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

MFT - missing you every single day stamp/die set (retired but still available here)
Promarkers
Clearly Besotted Stamps - scalloped edges die collection (retired)
Go Kreate - XL circle dies (no longer available)
Sheena - wood panel embossing folder (no longer available)
Sizzix/Tim Holtz - stripes embossing folder (no longer available)
Sentiment from magazine freebie stamp set
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - clear raindrops

5 comments:

Liz said...

Super card, I love the rocker shape design. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx

María said...

This card is super cute. I love the texture of the layers and that dog and the bear are adorable. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

crafty-stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crafty-stamper said...

Really cute rocker card love the boat theme and two cute critters.Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

Catie Cuddles said...

That is one of the cutest cards I’ve ever seen. ❤️
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀