My Lovely Followers

Monday 31 July 2023

Cupcake card

Hello friends; I hope your Monday is going well and you had a brilliant weekend, although the weather here was decidedly un-summery!  Apologies for the long gap between posts but I'm back with a yummy cupcake card for you today.

Here is my card:


here is a close up of the cupcakes:


I needed a quick card for a friends birthday and already had this cupcake image stamped out so I coloured it with my promarkers.  I softly ink blended the background and then used a dotty stencil over top for some extra interest (I used the same purple ink but used a heavier hand for the stencilling).  I added the cupcake image with foam pads and then simply stamped a sentiment below in black ink.  I also added the panel to my card base with foam tape.  Just a few pearls to embellish and my clean-ish and simple card was done.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Seize the birthday challenge - inspired by a book (I saw this book on Amazon called 'cupcake celebration'.  I took my colours from the front cover image.) 
Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - make your mark (I coloured with alcohol markers)

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks so much for stopping by.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for the AAA birthday challenge so perhaps you could pop back and check it out. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

MFT stamps - sweet birthday wishes (retired)
MFT - mini staggered circles stencil (retired)
Gina K Designs - wild lilac ink pad
Gina K Designs - rainbow pearl mix
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Promarkers
Memento tuxedo black ink
Versafine onyx black ink
Sakura - white gelly roll 10 pen

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a pretty display of cupcakes. It looks very much like the cover on the book. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Glenda J said...

What a delicious card! I love the design and fabulous colours. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Pia S said...

Such a sweet image with cupcakes and I think the purple stenciling was a great choice as background. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational.