My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 1 August 2023

AAA birthday challenge - DT card

Good morning friends and welcome to August.  Not quite sure what happened to July though even if I did have a busy month; it was our anniversary and my birthday, although they seem like a distant memory now lol!  

I'm back with my DT card for this month's AAA birthday challenge and this month our theme is 'anything birthday goes' so it cannot get any easier than that.  Our guest designer this month is Rosi so please pop over to her blog and show her some love.  


For my card I am using a new to me stamp from MFT called 'sending sweet celebration wishes' that I picked up recently.  I've gone fairly clean and simple with my card again this month.  Here is what I made:


here is a close up of the cute penguin:


plus I also decorated the inside:


I began by stamping the cute images and colouring them with Promarkers.  I don't have the dies so I fussy cut them out and placed them to one side.  I cut some very thin strips of card in colours to match my image and laid them at the very bottom of my panel; I then added the banner at the top left corner and the penguin in the centre.  I added the white panel onto a black panel so that I had a very thin border and adhered it to my card blank.  I stamped the sentiment in the corner and added some gold sequins as a finishing touch.  A simple card with not too many products but I am really happy with how it turned out.  

Please pop over to the blog and see the wonderful creations from the rest of the design team; you won't be disappointed.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - anything but square
Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - make your mark (coloured with Promarkers)
Creative Inspiration challenge - feathered friends
Cardz for Galz challenge - something beginning with P (penguin)
The Cutie Pie challenge - simply cuties (CAS)
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option hot colours 
Pearly Sparkles challenge - spots and/or stripes (spots on hat, stripes of coloured card)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG but must feature a critter
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG but must include an animal
Day of the Month Card Club challenge - national simplicity day (CAS)

I really hope you can find the time to join in with our challenge this month.  I cannot wait to see all your fantastic birthday creations.  

I really appreciate you stopping by; I love reading all your wonderful comments.  

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - white smooth 250gsm card
card from my stash
Versafine onyx black ink
Memento tuxedo black ink

13 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's super cute, love the colors and your sweet little chap, gorgeous!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Gorgeous, vibrant colours on this sweet card Denise. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts this time.
Lorraine

brenda said...

A really cute Penguin card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Lynda said...

Such a clean yet colourful card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Rosmarie said...

Love this penguin. He's such a cute one and he makes this card absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC! Rosi x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is a real cutie love it xx

Liz said...

Super card, such a cute little penguin. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

He’s so cute in his birthday gear 😊. Cute card

Mervi said...

Sweet and fabulous birthday card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Aunty Sue said...

Denise this is adorable and loving the inside too thanks for sharing at Crafty catz

Heather said...

This is so adorable!! I love your color combo; it is very bright and cheery and summery! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

ClaireB said...

What an adorably, cute little penguin, so happy and smiley. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month, good luck with your entry Claire DT

cass said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Spots and/or Stipes challenge