My Lovely Followers

Monday 29 March 2021

Rainbow butterflies

Hello again friends.  I hope you are all doing ok and having a great week so far (at least it's a short one here in the UK yay!).  I'm back to share an anniversary card that I made for my in-laws using really pretty rainbow colours.  I hope you like it. 



I usually do hearts and flowers for anniversary cards but thought I would do something different for a change.  I found this gorgeous butterflies die that I don't think I've ever used and cut it out of white card.  I then used my distress oxide inks to ink blend on another panel and add this behind the dies cut butterflies.  It is such a soft and pretty way to show off the cut outs and super easy too.  I added the panel onto a black panel and then added this with foam tape to my card base.  I stamped the sentiments and used a banner die to cut them out.  Finally I added some embellishments in similar colours and viola my card was complete. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Use your stuff challenge - mood board (I was inspired by the colours)
Inspired by challenge - spring into color (I was inspired by the pastel colours)
SSS Monday challenge - Easter or spring (spring colours)
SSS Wednesday challenge - Spring/Easter mood board (I was inspired by the colours)
SSS IG challenge - hello spring (spring colours)
Happy Little Stampers challenge - anything goes with dies

I hope you have a brilliant week and have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Stay safe and take care.

Hugs and love, 


Card ingredients:


Clearly Besotted - Mr & Mrs stamp set (for anniversary sentiment)
Clearly Besotted - happy birthday all (for mam & dad sentiment)
Distress oxide inks (kitsch flamingo, squeezed lemonade, twisted citron, tumbled glass, milled lavender)
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - crystal collection - over the rainbow
Gina K Designs - master layouts 1 (for die cutting the panels)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 2 (for the banners)
Taylored Expressions - blender brushes 

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Denise, I always wish we could color the butterflies we bloom each year! You've done a fantastic job doing so!
Thanks for sending them fluttering over to Inspired By!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your colorful butterflies are lovely! So happy to see them in our IB gallery!

Nandini said...

Very bright and cheerful card! I love the pretty colors and the sentiments look great. Good to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us again this month. Nandini, DT

Izzy Scrap said...

These rainbow fluttering butterflies are so beautiful ! I'm sure your in-laws were very happy to received it. So sad that you entered too many challenges to be eligible for showcase and for prize winner. But thanks so much for sharing this beautiful card in the Less is More gallery and we hope that you'll come back soon to play with us.