My Lovely Followers

Sunday 21 February 2021

My first slimline card!

Happy Sunday crafty friends.  I hope you've had a good weekend and hopefully did a bit of crafting.  I went for my 2nd vaccine today (I'm very lucky to work for the NHS) and don't feel too bad at the moment but a lot of my co-workers have felt more unwell after the 2nd one than the first so I'm keeping everything crossed that I don't suffer too badly with this one.  It's worth it though as hopefully this will be our way out of this pandemic/lockdown. 

I'm here to share my first ever slimline card (I know behind the times as always lol!).  I made this card recently for one of my lovely DT friends and I have to say I really loved the size and how it turned out.  I think I may make a mini slimline soon as they look a cute size too.  



When I made this card I was following an MFT sketch challenge but ran out of time to enter it - oops!

I began by stamping the 3 fun images and coloured them with my promarkers; I also added some ink blending behind the images for some contrast.  I then cut 3 circles from another piece of card and layered it over top the images with foam tape.  The sentiment was white heat embossed and cut with my trimmer.  I added some splatters and a few sequins and my card was done.  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

SSS Wednesday challenge - fave technique (die cutting, colouring with alcohol markers)
Inkspirational challenge - word prompt: tower
MFT slimline challenge - birthday wishes

I hope you have a wonderful week.  Stay safe and take care.

Hugs, 


Card Ingredients:


MFT - old friends (Dies to Die For)
Promarkers
Spellbinders Nestabilities - standard circles large
SSS - white fine detail embossing powder 
Pretty Pink Posh - sparkling clear mix sequins
Distress Oxide inks
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker cardstock
Heffy Doodle - white cardstock

3 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh this is adorable, what acute make, I love those old folks. Hope that you havent had any ill effects from the vaccine. My folks felt really ill with the first one so wont tell them that it can be worse with the second one, hope you are all doing ok, H xx

Marlena M. said...

Lovely tower card Denise! Your coloring skills are superb! Thank you for joining us at INk~

Pia S said...

A very successful first edition of a slimline! Ilove how you’ve added color, fantastic technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.