My Lovely Followers

Friday 25 September 2020

Sympathy card

Happy Friday friends.  I hope you're having a good day and looking forward to the weekend.  We are currently in local lockdown in my part of South Wales so although on a day to day basis things are pretty much the same we cannot leave our county for the time being.  It's still a very worrying and stressful time isn't it.  Fingers crossed the minority will now listen and things can return to 'normal' soon. 

Today I have a sympathy card that I made a little while ago for a friend who lost her husband but didn't have chance to share with you.  It's fairly clean and simple but I have to say I love it.  

Here is my card:


close up of the card:


I began by taking a white card panel and using a stencil and distress inks I lightly inked the lower left corner of the panel.  I choose a simple floral image and stamped it over the stencilling in black ink and added a sentiment above.  I layered the white panel onto a black and green panel and added this to a white card blank.  I didn't add any embellishments as I loved it as it was and didn't want to spoilt it.  As my card was 5 x 7 in size I used my We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board and made my own envelope.

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Krafty Chicks challenge - all occasions

I hope you have a great weekend.  Stay safe everyone. 

Hugs, 


Card ingredients:
Studio Calico - sympathy set
Clearly Besotted - fancy sayings (for sentiment)
icraft 4x8 stencil #8525
Distress oxide inks in twisted citron & shabby shutters
Versafine onyx black ink
cardstock from my stash
We R Memory Keepers - envelope punch board

1 comment:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great card, love the stencilling. Stay safe x