My Lovely Followers

Monday 14 September 2020

Sloth happy birthday

A colleague at work recently celebrated her birthday and she is obsessed with sloths.  I remembered I had this fun stamp set from Tracey Hey which would be so perfect for her.  

This is the card I made:


I made a matching envelope:


close up of the card:


I also decorated the inside:


I began by stamping the fun image with memento tuxedo black ink and coloured the image with Promarkers.  I cut the panel and added a chocolate brown layer behind it to frame the image.  I made a kraft card blank and attached a piece of patterned paper with liquid glue.  I then attached my coloured panel onto this with foam tape.  I finished by adding some sequins for a bit of bling.  For the inside I used the same chocolate card and added the left over pieces of patterned paper to the edges and stamped a sentiment in the centre.  Simple but I think it ties everything together to use elements from the front of my card on the inside.  

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - I love.... challenge (I love colouring, cute images and making my own envelopes)

I hope you are all keeping well.  The news is full of talk that there may be another lockdown soon; I really hope it doesn't happen this time.  Let's hope everyone complies with wearing their masks and social distancing before it gets that far.  

Enjoy the lovely weather but remember to stay safe. 

card ingredients:
Tracey Hey Alpaca Pals - rocking the wreath stamp set
Crafter's Companion - Neenah desert storm card
Chocolate card from stash
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - just peachy sequins
MME 'now & then' - Izzy 6x6 paper pad
Memento Tuxedo black ink pad
Versafine Onyx black ink pad (for sentiments)
We R Memory Keepers - envelope punch board
Promarkers:
forest green, bright green, leaf green, lime zest
orange, mango, soft peach
burnt sienna, cinnamon, caramel, sandstone

5 comments:

brenda said...

A real fun creation for your work colleague, lovely to see you at our 11th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

Your may also like to join in the A/G option of our first challenge at https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/, we would love to have you join in.

B x

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous, I love sloths too they are so cute, I love the design here, hugs Pops x

Linby said...

You've used the set so beautifully and made such a great contemporary card and envelope. Thanks for joining in with my I Love theme for Allsorts belated birthday.

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh my. Love this. Love alpaca pals stamps.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT