My Lovely Followers

Monday 27 July 2020

Cute chicks

Hello again friends.  Here we are again at the beginning of a new week - I can't believe where the time is going - next week will be August!  I'm here today to share a card I made for my eldest son back in May but never got around to sharing with you.  I know it's a bit cutsie for a 26 year old but I don't think you're really ever too old for cute 😏


close up of the card

I ink blended some random areas on my background panel with distress oxide inks and put it aside.  I then die cut some stars from a white panel and and added this onto the blended background panel.  I matted and layered this panel onto a black layer and added this to a fog card base using foam tape.  I coloured the cute images with Promarkers and fussy cut them out and used foam tape to add them into the die cut stars.  I stamped the sentiments in Versafine onyx black ink and finished off with a few smaller black die cut stars and some pearl embellishments.  I think this card is so happy and cheerful and perfect for a birthday.  

I am going to enter my card into the following challenges:

Alphabet challenge - favourite food (cupcakes are definitely on the list)
Unicorn challenge - food and/or drink
Craft Rocket challenge - for the men/boys
Krafty Chicks challenge - all occasions

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful week.  

Take care and hugs, 



Card ingredients:
MFT - birthday chicks stamp set
Quickutz - nesting stars
Distress oxide inks
Various Promarkers
Simon Says Stamp fog cardstock 
Mama Elephant - happy everything stamp set
Clearly Besotted - happy birthday all

4 comments:

Ellen said...

It's really a very cute card. At first sightI thought it would be for a child and then I read it's not, but I agree, cute is not age related.
Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Denise, those chicks are so sweet and I love the design.
Lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and design love the cute images throught he apertures.Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
Carol DT x

Lori Turner said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge! xoxoxo