Hello again friends. I hope you've had a great start to your weekend. I'm here to share this month's card for the CASE IT Instagram Hop where we find a project on Instagram that inspires us and we will share that project as well as the project we’ve created. There are so many beautiful creations on Instagram the only difficult part is narrowing down which one to CASE (which means Copy And Share Everything).
Aren't her cards just amazing? Using Ardyth's LIMES process (you can watch her video here) we list what we see - she has used blues as her main colours, a die cut circle, stamped sentiments, blue enamel dots and a clean and simple design. So as I mentioned I pretty much followed Heather's layout and style but changed my colours to bright pink, orange and yellow and my paper is stripes instead of woodgrain. I used different sentiments and also swapped her enamel dots for black sequins. I hope you like them.This month I was inspired by @houses_built_with_cards and as soon as I saw Heather's cards I was in love, although I could have chosen any of her cards as she is so talented. I loved the clean and simple layouts, the stripes and of course that I could make a two-fer!! I have to say that I kept pretty much to Heather's design, using the circles and stripes but changed up the colours and sentiments. I also used sequins instead of her enamel dots. You can definitely see that my cards were inspired by hers! Here are her cards for my inspiration:
Here are my cards:
A closer look at card 1:
Plus I decorated the inside:
A closer look at card 2:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and cut some strips from my pink, orange and yellow scraps. I laid onto the panel at an angle using liquid glue and took a circle die and cut it out of the panel. For the first card I took another white panel the same size and laid it behind the striped panel with the cut out circle using foam squares. I stamped the gorgeous bold sentiment using black ink onto the back panel and added some black sequins to finish. I added the panel onto my card base using double sided tape. For the inside I added some strips of the coloured card to the bottom of a white panel with liquid glue and stamped a sentiment in the centre using black ink. The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape.
For the second card I used the cut out circle, although I think my stripes were a little bigger than Heather's and didn't leave much room for my sentiment, so I cut a second white circle, trimmed down the striped circle slightly and added it over the plain one with liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in black ink at the top of the circle and added foam squares behind. I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and a piece of black and white striped paper to 2" x 5 1/4" and added it to the panel with liquid glue. I added the circle on top and finished off with some black sequins. For the inside I cut another white panel and added a strip of the striped pattern paper at the bottom before stamping the sentiment in the centre with black ink. The panel was adhered to the card base with double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
* to be updated *
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Lots of love
card supplies:
Waffle Flower - nesting circles dies
Reverse Confetti - friendly floras stamp (for bold sentiment)
Gina K Designs - sketched roses mini stamp (for birthday sentiment)
MFT - let's celebrate clear stamp (for inside sentiment on birthday card)
MFT - black & white stripes 6x6 paper pack
Clearly Besotted - a little sentiment clear stamp (for inside sentiment on thank you card)
Spellbinders - black smooth disc color essentials sequins
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
coloured card from my scraps bin








No comments:
Post a Comment