My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 1 October 2026

AAA Birthday challenge #90 - October 26

Good morning lovely friends and welcome back to my blog for the third card for today!

As it's the first of the month it means we have a brand new challenge over at AAA Birthday challenge. This month's theme is 'big & bold' and I'm excited to see what everyone creates this month.  Our guest designer this month is Loll so please pop over to her blog and leave her some love.
I decided to use a large sentiment die as my 'big' and some bright colours for the 'bold' part of the challenge.  The gold glitter card really sparkles in the light and holds its own really well against the bold, bright background.  I hope you like it.  
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and decided to do the 'Joseph's coat' technique for my background.  I started by ink blending three inks in 'stripes' across the panel and then stencilling with black over top.  I cut down the panel ever so slightly and added a mat layer cut from gold glitter card, adhering them with liquid glue.  I used the same gold glitter card to die cut the large sentiment and also cut 3 more from black card so that I could layer them up.  I added the sentiment onto the background using liquid glue.  Instead of embellishments I die cut some 'dots' from the glitter card and placed them randomly around the sentiment.  The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel and ink blended the three colours along the bottom and again stencilled over it with black ink.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink and added a glitter mat layer with liquid glue.  The panel was adhered to my card base with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their personal blogs.

I hope you will be able to join in with the challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed. I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Uniko - pure florals: cosmos clear stamp (for inside sentiment)
Tonic Studios - gold dust glitter card 
Gina K Designs - lots of dots die set (to cut the gold dots)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - tangerine twist, passionate pink, wild lilac
MFT - extreme black hybrid ink pad
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

No comments: