Hello lovely friends; I'm here to share my card for the Card Clubhouse IG hop organised by my sweet friend Kelly. We are on Week 20 and our theme is 'shore thing/nautical' so we are all creating a project inspired the sea/beach etc. This is going to be a great hop this week and I can't wait to see what sparks your imagination.
I didn't really know what to do this week, I was flitting from one idea to the next but eventually decided on a box card as I haven't made one for ages. I used a die from Studio Light to cut the box and layers and the cute images are Lawn Fawn. It was a little tricky to photograph but I think it turned out great. I hope you like it.

Here is my box card:
a few more photos to show the details:
A plain panel on the back to write a message:
I began by die cutting the box from blue card (you need to cut two to make the full box) and cut the layers from patterned papers and one from white card for my message panel (which I stamped with black ink). I added all the layers with liquid glue and then adhered the box together with red line tape. I stamped the images onto alcohol marker friendly card, coloured them with Promarkers and then cut them out using the coordinating dies. I cut two of the inner strips from blue card and attached them with red line tape and then added my images with liquid glue (after a very long time procrastinating about placement). I added the lighthouse, crab and flip flops with foam squares. I die cut the decorative label from white card and the mat layer from the same blue card, stamped my sentiment in black ink and adhered them together with liquid glue. I then added this to the front flap of the box with liquid glue. I thought my lighthouse needed 'something else' so I cut two small triangles from yellow card, added a little shading with my Promarkers and a white gelly roll pen and added them either side of the lighthouse to replicate the light shining out; I don't think it looks too bad, even if I say so myself lol!
I would like to enter my box card into the following challenges:
* to be updated *
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Love and hugs,
box card supplies:
Studio Light - SL-ES-CD116 exploding box die set - on sale!
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - ocean silhouette stamp (for sentiments)
The Works - fresh feelings 12 x 12 paper pad
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Sakura - white no. 10 gelly roll pen
blue card from my stash






No comments:
Post a Comment