Good morning friends and happy Saturday yay! I hope you can manage to fit some crafting into your weekend plans. I'm here today to share some more inspiration using Uniko's newly released 'Ink & Flip: Christmas Star, Star stencil but this time I wanted to show that this stencil is definitely not just for Christmas.
It's my sister's birthday next week so I thought I would get ahead and make a card for her from my sons. I decided to make a tri-fold card as I've seen quite a few of them on blogs and social media recently. I went with a subtle grey, black and white colour combo and I think it turned out great. I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the first panel:
A closer look at the middle panel:
And a closer look at the third panel:
An extra photo of them laying flat:
I began by cutting 3 white panels 4" x 5 1/4" and stencilled the Christmas star into the bottom left and top right corners using a light grey ink and a dark grey ink. I die cut each panel using an arch die and also cut a slightly larger arch from black card 3 times. I adhered each stencilled arch onto a black arch using liquid glue. To create the card base I cut a piece of white card 12" wide x 3 1/2" tall and scored it at 4" and 8" into a z shape. I stamped all the sentiments using black ink and then added each arch onto the card base using liquid glue. I also added another plain white arch on the backside of the card to make it look more finished. I embellished with a few tiny silver stars and added some silver crystals in the centres of the stencilled stars. A fairly simple card but I think it's quite dramatic and elegant.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist no rectangles
Classic Design challenge - ATG with optional twist use die cuts
Creative Creases challenge - ATG with a fun fold

Papercraft challenges - back to basics
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG with optional twist of fancy folds
Try It On Tuesday challenge - inspired by a song ('Star' by Kiki Dee)
Thanks for stopping by; I appreciate your comments.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Uniko - everyday sentiments clear stamp
Uniko - everyday love clear stamp
Uniko - reach for the stars clear stamp (retired)
Uniko - wonderful day clear stamp (retired)
Mama Elephant - B2B arches die set
Gina K Designs - ink pads - soft stone and slate
Limetree Craft - 12x12 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
bling from my stash







5 comments:
Amazing card design and I'm certain she loved her special card from her Sis! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and sharing your lovely card with us!
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
A great trifold card, and it looks so elegant in those shades, also what lovely sentiments.
Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Avril
I love this trifold birthday card, Denise! It's one of my favorite fun folds because it displays so beautifully. Thank you for participating in the Creative Creases Challenge! We hope you can join us again soon. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Debbie, DT
Secrets to Stamping
Simple elegance! Love the fun fold and your monochrome color choice. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana
Such a great and elegant card! Awesome way of using the stencil in a non Christmas card! Thank you for playing along with our "Back to Basics" challenge over at Papercraft Challenges. Wishing you an awesome day and happy crafting, Maike
Post a Comment