Stencils are so much fun and can be used for so many different occasions. I used a fun stencil that I've had in my stash for a little while but hadn't gotten around to using and wanted to show it some love. I went with a cool colour scheme and I think it turned out so pretty. I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and stencilled the leaf design all over using light blue and light spruce ink pads and once finished I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the panel. As soon as I saw the stencil I had the idea to create a butterfly from the leaves so I masked off two leaves and stencilled them 'back to back' to create a butterfly shape; I also fussy cut it out. I wanted to add some interest to the butterfly body so I took a leaf stamp and stamped onto the 'wings' with black ink. I cut a thin piece of black card for the body and two tiny slivers of black card for the antenna and adhered them with liquid glue. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I die cut a stitched circle and a plain black circle and adhered them together with liquid glue. I added foam tape behind the centre of the butterfly and added it to the top of the circle with foam squares and stamped the sentiment below it with black ink. The circle was added to the stencilled panel with foam tape. I added some scrap white card behind the panel and adhered it to my card base with double sided tape. I finished off with some spearmint sequins. For the inside I die cut a white panel using the stitched rectangle. I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink and adhered the panel to my card base with double sided tape. As I had cut the stencilled panel quite evenly I decided to add that around the white panel with liquid glue for something a little different.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
* to be updated *
I appreciate you stopping by.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Uniko - doodle flowers clear stamp (for outside sentiment)
Uniko - flower power #10 clear stamp (for butterfly details)
Uniko - simply said blocks clear stamp (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 14 (for stitched rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 01 (for plain rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 03 (for stitched circle die)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - ocean mist & light spruce
Waffle Flower - nesting circles die set (for black circle)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Little Things From Lucy's Cards - 4mm & 6mm spearmint sequins - store closed






2 comments:
So pretty, Denise! The leafy background is wonderful and how absolutely charming your butterfly! Creative and ingenious!
hugs~carol
Denise...loving the butterfly... very mod!
Post a Comment