The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the theme was football as me and my son have been avidly watching the World Cup (except for the ones at silly o'clock). I don't usually watch football but love the World Cup as there's lots of excitement and it's done in a few weeks. I decided to make a football shirt shaped card and I think it turned out super fun. I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
For a fun touch I added a number to the back of the shirt:
I began by making a top folding card base 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" and die cut the shirt leaving the top of the die overhanging the fold of the card base ever so slightly. The finished shirt size card is approximately 4 1/4" x 5'. I used 2 stencils and ink blended grass on the bottom and clouds on the top of the shirt. I die cut the footballer silhouette image x 4 from black card and stacked them using liquid glue; I then adhered it to the centre using liquid glue. I stamped the 'happy birthday' sentiment above and the 'have a ball' sentiment below using black ink. For the inside I again used the grass stencil and ink blended along the bottom. I stamped the sentiment in the centre and added another silhouette image in the bottom left corner. A really simple card but I think most men/boys would love it.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
A Cut Above challenge - ATG with a die cut
Allsorts challenge - stencils (cloud and grass stencil)
Aud Sentiments challenge - bookmarks and/or hobbies + sentiment
Crafty Calendar challenge - happy birthday
Daisy Chain challenge - birthday
Heart's Quest Celebrations of Love challenge - BEWAS + optional theme 'masculine'
Mix It Up challenge - ATG optional shaped card
Simply Clean & Simple challenge - ATG optional theme birthday
Stencil Fun challenge - ATG optional theme patterns
The Male Room challenge - hobbies

Unicorn challenge - no design paper
I appreciate you stopping by.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Craft Addiction UK - create your own football shirt die set
Craft Addiction UK - mini football collection die set
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
MFT - grassy edges stencil
Lawn Fawn - year two mini stamp (for happy birthday)
Lawn Fawn - sweet smiles stamp (for have a ball)
Clearly Besotted - a little sentiment stamp (for inside sentiment)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Gina K Designs - ink pads - grass green & blue sky
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my link as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you.







17 comments:
Your football/soccer card is pure delight, Denise. The images of the players, the scenes you've set them in and the jersey shape make for a fabulous, eye-catching creation. An avid football fan will be thrilled when this card arrives in their mailbox.
hugs~carol
How fun to make a shaped card with the soccer player!
Denise...so love that you made a shaped card!
What a creative card! This is oodles of fun!
What a fabulous and fun card, Denise! I love it! xx
Super fun and cool card Denise. I so enjoyed watching the Scots sing their 'unofficial' national anthem. So proud!
What a fun card, Denise! I love that it's shaped like a tee shirt and how you put the number on the back! Very creative!
I love this t-shirt shaped card! Very cool how you created the grass and sky playing field for that silhouette soccer player.
I love that shirt die, Denise, and what a great idea for the theme with the soccer player on the front. Great stenciling too.
Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. Great shape card.
A great idea to put your scene onto a shirt, it looks so good. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.
OMG this is just awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple and Stencil Fun challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Simply Clean & Simple Co-Owner
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Fabulous shaped soccer card! Glad you shared your card with us at Allsorts challenge!
You created such a fun and fabulous card, Denise! Amazing what you can do with a die cut to create a full card. Beautiful stenciling and colors too along with the silhouette images inside and on the front. All around fab! Thanks for sharing with A Cut Above's July Anniversary Challenge. Happy to have you play along with us.
Hello, Denise!! Thanks x 2 for sharing this t-shirt soccer/futbol theme shaped card with HQFSCAT and then with the masculine optional theme at HQCOLCB!! You've wonderfully fulfilled both challenges with an excellently planned card construction! And I love the #1 on the back side! <3
A Super masculine card, love the shape and all things football on it. Perfect for our Hobbies theme. Thank you so much for joining us in our Hobbies challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT
Another awesome card for A Cut Above, friend! Love the shape of it. Thanks again for playing along with us this month xoxoxo
Post a Comment