My Lovely Followers

Thursday 17 October 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #738 - CAS

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far.  It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and we are on Week 3 which means Diane is our hostess, and our theme as always is 'CAS'.  We hope you will come over and join in the fun with us. 
Sadly one of my neighbours lost her dog this week so I wanted to make her a card to let her know we were thinking of her.  It's such a tough time losing your companion and not everyone is an animal lover and understands the loss.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting the paw prints from black card and put them to one side.  I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and masked off just about half way and ink blended down the panel in rainbow colours.  I added a strip of black card to define the edge of the blending.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added the paw print die cuts using liquid glue.  I adhered the panel to my card base with foam tape.  I didn't want to make it any fussier so didn't add any embellishments.  For the inside I cut another panel from white card 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped the sentiment and tiny heart in black ink.  I had a thin strip of the blended panel that I had trimmed down so I added that along the bottom of the panel with liquid glue and added another paw print die cut over top.  I added this panel onto the card base with double sided tape.  This card took hardly any time to make but I am really happy with it.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *
 
I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS'' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori.  

Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Time for Tea Designs - pawsome die set- retired
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card - currently not available but they have 240gsm in stock here
Hobbycraft - A4 black card
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Great card, sad when our friends lose their pets, I've made a few. This is pretty, love the colors and the bold paw print, nice card friend. Have a good day! L

Lori Turner said...

I can relate, but with cats :) This is an extremely nice card for your friend. Have a wonderful weekend friend xoxoox