My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Summer Soiree IG Card Hop - Week 3

Hello friends; we've made it to the middle of the week *yay*. The weather has been quite showery here this morning in South Wales but it's still quite warm and muggy!  Wesley the puppy isn't impressed with the rain so we are back to the puppy pads inside!  Let's hope it dries up for the rest of the day/week.  We're never happy are we lol!

It's week 3 of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  This week is all about 'The 4th of July', although there is an option for fireworks, colours of your flag or red, white & blue if you don't celebrate.  

Obviously not being the USA I don't really need to make 4th of July cards so I went with a red, white and blue colour scheme instead.  Me and hubby are also celebrating our 31st Wedding Anniversary today so decided to combine the two.  Here is my card:
A close look at the cute image:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping my images onto alcohol marker friendly card before colouring them with Promarkers.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  My card base is 5" x 7" so wanted my panel to be 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" so cut my 3 sections of red. white and blue card approximately 4 1/2" x 2.2" each and attached them to some copy paper with double sided tape.  I also added a panel of white card behind for extra stability.  I die cut the happy anniversary and husband words from white card, stacking them each three times to give them some extra dimension.  I added the cute images with foam squares and the words and hearts with liquid glue.  For the inside I cut 3 strips of red, white and blue card 4 1/2" x 3/4" and adhered them to the bottom of a white panel with double sided tape.  I stamped the image over the strips with black ink and added a white heart with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the panel with black ink.  This panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  A really fun card and I hope you like it. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Colourful challenge - colour board #5
Alphabet challenge - G is for gentlemen
Cardz for Guyz challenge - ATG masculine
Colourful Options challenge - flags (UK flag/USA flag)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - critters (real or fantasy)
Everybody Art challenge - we love stamping
Get Creative challenge - red, white and blue
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option pink, blue & yellow
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - add some red, white and/or blue
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional twist critter crazy
Unicorn challenge - not square (my card is 5 x 7)

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants on my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

card ingredients:
Heffy Doodle - husband die (store now closed sadly)
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card 
MFT - baby rattle (for the tiny hearts) - retired
Promarkers
red and blue card from scraps bin
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

6 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
another fabulous card again and your design looks brilliant.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge yet again.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Cardsbymaaike said...

aww your image is so cute and the red white and blue is very apt for today!. Happy Independence day... Thank you for playing at the AAA Colourful Challenges

Donna Walls said...

This is the sweetest Anniversary card, the images are so cute. Thanks for playing along and sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenges

Billie A said...

Oh how sweet. Darling anniversary card and love the scene and image. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz, Alphabet challenge.

Uschi said...

Such a beautiful anniversary card. Wonderful design with the colors and those hearts and clouds. They highlight the different colored stripes so beautifully. And that stamp is just so sweet. I love those cute little bunnies in the boat sailing in that water. And they really are so beautifully colored.
Thank you for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs, Uschi

Handmade by Hanneke said...

Happy Anniversary! Your card is adorable! Thanks for playing along with AAA Colourful Challenge.