My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 31 July 2024

Summer Soiree Card Making IG Hop - Week 7

Hello friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  Apologies for the lack of posts this past week but Wesley is dominating my time so much that I don't have any time to myself!  He is a bundle of fun, but a little terror at the same time lol!  He's been enjoying the gorgeous weather we've been having this week and loves being outside.  

Anyway enough of my waffling let's get down to the real reason you are here.  It's week 7 of our Summer Soiree IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. This week is all about 'summer bugs' so we want to see all your cute and fun critters. 
I wanted to use this cute stamp set from Clearly Besotted (this is the same set that I got the fun bees from that I used on my World Bee Day card a little while ago).  They are such adorable images and fairly simple to colour too.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A close look at the cute images:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a panel of 8 1/2" x 5 1/4" kraft card and stamped my own background paper using 2 leaf stamps from the stamp set and versamark ink for a tone on tone look.  I cut 2 panels from the background measuring 3 3/4" x 5".  I stamped the images onto alcohol marker friendly ink and coloured them with Promarkers before using the matching dies to cut them out.  I stencilled a background using a stencil and die cut it out with a circle die.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and used a sentiment strip die to cut it out.  I took some alpha dies and cut out the word 'bugs' from green card and inked the bottom half with a slightly darker green ink.  I added the circle onto the background with foam tape, the caterpillar was also added with foam tape and the dragonfly was added with liquid glue.  I tucked 2 leaves behind the circle, adding them with liquid glue.  I also added the sentiment and words with liquid glue.  The panel was added to the card base with foam tape.  For the inside I cut a white panel 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I lightly ink blended the bottom and added another cute bug and 2 leaves with liquid glue.  I adhered the white panel onto the kraft panel with double sided tape and this was added to the card base with double sided tape.  A really fun card and I love a good punny sentiment lol!  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

The Crafter's Cafe challenge - ATG twist include some balloons
Make My Monday challenge - colouring mediums (I used alcohol markers)
The Cutie Pie challenge - beginning with B (bugs)
Try It On Tuesday challenge - in the garden (bugs)

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #summersoireecardmakinghop2024 to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants on my post.  We would love it if you would give the summer soiree challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects.  

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

Card ingredients:
Clearly Besotted Stamps - cute as a bug stamp & matching die set - retired
Promarkers
Clearly Besotted Stamps - a little sentiment stamp set - retired
Clearly Besotted Stamps - around about stencil
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips dies
Gina K Designs - perfect posy stamp set (for inside greeting)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sea glass, ocean mist, lucky clover, grass green
Lawn Fawn - Henry's ABC dies
Tonic Studios - circles layering basics dies
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed
Crafter's Companion - desert storm kraft card
Versafine - onyx black ink 
Versamark - embossing ink 

3 comments:

Tee said...

Gorgeous Birthday card! Beautiful inside & out. Thank you for sharing with us @ Make My Monday.

corysnana said...

Adorable card, Denise. Love both the inside and outside and that fun sentiment! Thanks for joining the Addicted to Stamps & More Birthday challenge!
Cathy ATS&M- DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation, Beautiful design!
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx